In this post, I have reviewed the best car baby monitors you can get on the market today.
Having a baby monitor for the car can be a big game-changer as it will entirely redefine your driving experience with the baby camera in the car. With the baby cam mounted on the dashboard, you won’t have to try to use the car mirror to try to get a glimpse of your baby. You can also use a baby mirror to get a view of your baby without necessarily using radio frequency that transmits the video or images of your baby to a monitor.
The images below show how you can use a baby mirror or a baby monitor to view your kid from the back seat as you drive.
Like many parents, I always got super anxious when I first started driving with my baby in the car and had to always pull over after every few minutes to check on the baby. For those in the US, most states now require parents to have the baby on the back seat and on a rear-facing car seat until they are at least 2 years old and this makes it very difficult to check on them when driving. For safety reasons, you can’t have the baby on the front seat next to your driving.
While the car camera was helpful, I always thought I wasn’t getting a good view and needed to actually stop and check on the baby physically. Sometime last year, I was told of a baby monitor for the car and it got me very interested as I imagined the possibilities the baby monitor would offer.
You can choose to use a wifi-connected or a non-connected monitor for use in a car. Most of the ones listed below do not rely on Wifi as you just need to attach/mount the camera facing your baby on the back of the front seat.
Below are some of the reviews of our best car baby monitors.
6 Best Car Baby Monitors Reviews / Car Baby Cameras
1. Always in view car baby monitor: Overall Best Baby Car Camera
Infanttech’s Always in View Car Baby Monitor is our overall best baby monitor for use in a car. It is a 3.5-inch monitor is attached to the car’s windshield with a suction cup. The camera is attached to plush toys and tied around your car’s headrest and buckled together for a secure hold.
This car baby camera is available in 3 adorable varieties – a puppy, a monkey, and a giraffe. Both the camera and the monitor use rechargeable batteries.
The integrated camera is housed in a plush stuffed animal, making it easy to position the camera where you need it. The Day/Night Vision camera ensures that you can keep an eye on your child even in low light conditions. The wireless 2.4GHz Technology means that you can keep an eye on them.
Here is a table with more details:
|Name||Always In View – baby monitor for cars|
|Screen size||3.5 inches|
|Cost||Check on Amazon|
Here is a video with more details
2. Zooby Car Baby Monitor– No Longer Available
Zooby car baby monitor is our 2nd best car baby monitor that made it to this list. Unlike the Always in View Car Monitor above, the camera and monitor of Zooby are powered by AC and are manufactured by the same company, Infanttech. It comes with car chargers.
|Name||Zooby WiFi Direct Portable Video Baby Monitor|
|Rating on Amazon (as of March 2020)||3.5/5|
|Reviewers on Amazon (as of March 2020)||30|
|Name and description of the manufacturer||Infanttech|
|Range||Range 600ft, 1000ft unobstructed|
|Key features||The camera connects to up to 4 smart devices (Not Included), 8ft charging cable, Android, IOS app connects with a simple and secure connection, comes in 4 styles kids love – Unicorn, Giraffe, Zebra, and Dinosaur.|
|Does it use wifi?||Yes|
|Is it wireless?||Yes|
|Does it have night vision?||Yes|
|LCD Screen Size||No, it uses your phone screen|
3. Jaycar Baby Monitor
Jacycar baby monitor is a 7-inch-monitor car baby monitor that you can get to use in the car. We searched the net for where parents can purchase this monitor in 2022 and it appears that you can only get it on the manufacturer’s website here. It is not available on Amazon.
Below are some of its features:
- 4 channel, support 4 cameras for one monitor
- 7LCD color screen
- Infrared night vision
- High sensitivity microphone
- 2way communication
- VOX function
- 1 x 6V DC Adaptor
- 1 x 12V DC Adaptor
- 1 x AV Cable
4. Garmin Car Baby Monitor
Garmin is a popular baby monitor brand that specializes in a brand that you can use to monitor your baby in the car. Garmin, however, discontinued this brand but you can still check the availability on Garmin’s website.
5. Yada Car Baby Monitor
Yada BT53901F-2 is the most popular baby monitor brand for use in a car and as of March 2020 and unlike other brands above, it is available on Amazon. It is also retailed by Yada on its website here. You should note that there are several brands of Yada baby monitor for cars and the one linked below is the most popular and perhaps the most sought-after car baby monitor brand.
This baby monitor for cars has the following features:
- 4.3″ Monitor
- The camera uses 12V power and transmits wirelessly to the monitor. You can use your car outlet to charge it
- It uses a wireless camera comes with 2 options for the headrest mount and a suction cup mount for flexible placement
- Night vision
- Weighs 14.7 ounces
- Rated 3.8/5 by over 170 parents
- Does not rely on wifi
Here is another video that describes how to install it.
To install Yada, you can follow these steps highlighted in their manual here.
6. LeeKooLuu Backup Camera
Leekooluu backup camera is a camera used in cars such as SUVs and is currently the second best-selling (link to list)car backup camera brand on Amazon. Over 2,700 users have rated this backup camera 4.3/5 and parents like it most for its 4.3-inch color screen and 720p camera.
This camera is not exclusively used as a baby monitor as users prefer it also as a backup camera if your car camera is broken.
Here are some features that will make you like this highly rated baby camera for cars:
- IP 69K Waterproof camera although you will be installing it inside the car and wouldn’t need it to be waterproof
- HD 720P Display
- One Power System – powered by a cigarette lighter
- Two ways to install mount monitor: 3M adhesive and Magnetic bracket
- Upgraded 6 Glass Lens
- Superior night vision which can view up to 30 ft in complete darkness.
- HD license plate camera with 149-degree viewing angle provides you with a broader visual angle
- Designed for sedans, pickups, trucks, SUVs, Minivans, UTVs, ATVs, Trailers, etc.
5 Best Baby Car Mirrors
Totview Baby Car Mirror is our overall best car mirror you can use to monitor your kid. It is a crash-tested mirror for use to get a clear image of a baby in their rear-facing car seat. It is highly rated, with over 700 parents giving it a 4.8/5 review.
When installed, below is an image showing how you can view your baby:
Let’s look at some of the great features of this mirror:
- Large size, 10.2 inches
- Very cheap compared to wireless monitors in this list
- Very easy to install – it takes less than a minute to install
- It has sturdy straps that secure the mirror with no shaking or vibration.
- Weighs 1.19 pounds
- Currently #126 in Rear Facing Car Seat Mirrors
2. Lusso Baby Mirror
For less than $25, you can get yourself a baby mirror that has been rated 4.8/5 by over 1600 parents on Amazon. it came second on this list of baby car mirrors.
You can choose from three colors; black, tan and grey. It is currently the 15th best-selling rear-facing car seat mirror on Amazon (in August 2022). It is manufactured by Luso Gear, a company that was established in 2016 and specializes in baby products used in the car – and aimed at making the car safer for kids.
So Peep Baby Car Mirror is a rear-facing mirror that attaches to your car’s headrest with a secure mount system, giving you a panoramic view of your little one. Installation is quick and easy- perfect for busy parents on the go. The superior quality and construction of this mirror ensure that it will last long enough to be passed down to future generations. With So Peep, you can easily keep an eye on your newborn angel while driving.
3. So Peep Baby Backseat Mirror
Shatterproof Baby Backseat Mirror for Car is another baby car mirror that is featured on this 2022 list of car mirrors and monitors for use in cars. It is manufactured by So Peep and as of August 2022, it has a 4.7/5 rating on Amazon (by over 4,200 parents). It is the 14th best-selling baby car mirror (rear-facing mirrors) on Amazon, ahead of Lusso and Totview
4. Shynerk Baby Car Mirror for Car
Over 23,000 parents that have bought this baby mirror on Amazon have rated it very highly – an average of 4.8/5. That’s why it made it to this list of best baby mirrors of 2022. It is currently the #1 in Rear Facing Car Seat Mirrors.
Shynerk is designed to help you keep an eye on your baby while keeping both hands on the steering wheel. It has been designed and tested to meet or exceed all applicable safety standards, including FMVSS 213, which governs rear-facing child seats in motor vehicles. It is made of shatterproof acrylic glass that has been tested for strength and durability. The mirror can be adjusted to provide a full reflection of the back seat area in any vehicle with headrests.
Below are some images of this rear-facing car mirror.
- Extra wide crystal clear reflection and 360 degree adjustable: easily pivot to your desired viewing angle, it allows you to keep your lovely baby in sight and look good after him or her all the time.
- Safety certified and crash tested: design of shatterproof acrylic glass, strongly tied up by heavy duty straps,full rotation with hinge, even in a crash or accident you can ensure your babys safety.
- Easy to tighten straps: easy straps to your moveable headrest and give you an unbreakable 360 degree swivel travel.
- Fits most of cars, trucks, vans suvs and place of back seat. provides you perfect view.
- Cherylon baby mirror: if you find anything wrong with your baby mirror, do not hesitate to let us know and we will take care of it. Your pleasure is paramount.
5. Itomoro Baby Car Mirror
Itomoro baby car mirror is another baby monitor mirror you can get to use in monitoring your baby in your car. It was released to the market in July 2019 and it is currently the 3rd best-selling rear-facing car seat mirror with a decent rating of 4.5/5 by over 14,200 parents as of August 2022.
Here are some of the features that make Itomoro stand out as a great mirror for baby monitoring:
- It has a large display that measures 4.3-inches in diagonal
- The view angle of the rear camera is 120°
- Very easy to install
- It remains stable while your drive
You will need to attach the Itomoro car mirror to the headrest of your car seat and with this, you’ll get to see your baby’s image back to you when you glance at the rearview mirror. Aside from using the rearview mirror, Itomoro Company also offers an option of viewing your baby using a 4.3-inch LCD screen. You’ll need to adjust the Itomoro camera to the perfect angle.
Check out the video below of the Itomoro baby monitor installed on the rear seat of a sedan.
The video below has more details:
If your car doesn’t have a headrest, you’ll like the next option;
CIPA 11050 Suction Cup Rearview Mirror: Best Baby Car Mirror for no Headrest
The CIPA Universal Suction Cup Car Rear View Mirror is a great option if your car does not have a rear headrest. It provides a much wider viewing angle than conventional side mirrors.
- Suction cup mount
- Mirror Surface Dimension: 4 x 8 inches
- Convex glass for a wider viewing angle; Fully adjustable
- Universal mount
- Provides added safety
The mirror is mounted on the windshield and extends from the dashboard to just below the rear window. It can be adjusted to any position for optimal viewing, and it’s fully adjustable for left- or right-hand drive vehicles. The suction cup mount allows for easy installation and removal without leaving a mark on your vehicle.
Antook 1080P Baby Car Camera
Antook 1080P Baby Car Camera is currently one of the most highly-rated car baby cameras for backseats and comes with a 5-inch display screen and excellent night-vision mode. It has a wide 150 degrees wide view and 1080p HD resolution images which you can clearly see your rear-facing baby on the car back seat more clear when driving.
At night, this baby camera has a sensor that detects low-light conditions or night-times and turns on infrared LED lights to provide clear night vision images enabling you to watch your children in the back of the car even when driving in the dark night without any light.
- REAL 1080P BABY CAR MIRROR - Antook is the first to introduce 1080P technology for baby car mirror camera. 1920x1080P HD resolution image on our upgraded 5 inch large monitor allows you to see your rear facing baby on car back seat more clear when driving.
- UPGRADED NIGHT VISION - The light sensor on camera will turn on the infrared LED lights at night to provide clear night vision image. So much safer to watch the children in the back of the car even when driving in the dark night without any light.
- DRIVING SAFETY - The monitor can be mounted on windshield or dash board, you can check your little one all the time with ease. No need to freak out with every cry or noise, no need to break your neck trying to look or pulling over to see whats the matter. It greatly helps you stay focused on driving.
- EASY INSTALLATION - No tools needed, finish installation in 15 minutes! Easily strap the rearview baby car camera to headrest vertically and horizontally. Attach the monitor on windshield with suction cup. Plug the power cord to the cigarette lighter. Then it works. Fits most 12V cars, vans, SUVs, etc.
- WIDE VIEW & ADJUSTABLE ANGLE - The 150° wide angle camera allow you to see the entire back seat area clearly and it can be rotated 360° to your desired viewing angle for shooting. The suction bracket for monitor can be applied to the center console or windshield, you can adjust angle and length of the bracket according to your driving habi
It has a very wide 150° degrees viewing camera that allows you to see the entire back seat area clearly and it can be rotated 360° to your desired viewing angle for shooting.
You’ll need to mount the screen/display on the dashboard or windshield and comfortably monitor your kid or kids at the back of the car without having to break your neck looking back or pulling over to check on your little ones. You need to use a suction cup that the camera comes with and for power, you can plug the power cord into the cigarette lighter.
It takes less than 15 minutes to install this car camera and it fits most 12V cars, vans, and SUVs.
DIY car baby monitor
As I first started doing research on how I could find some DIY solution to install a baby cam to monitor the baby on the rear-facing seat, I found some tips and tricks online. Below is one picture of GoPro used as a baby car seat cam and it got me really interested
The below DIY baby cam video streaming trick got me into some serious research session as I really wanted to figure out how to do it. I thought it’d be very easy for us to have a baby cam such as Go Pro shown above streaming on a display screen shown below.
That said, this was one of the options but we ultimately ended up with Yada car baby monitor reviewed above as our car video/tech system couldn’t work with the Go Pro.
Baby monitor car design
Tips When Driving with Kids
- Stay focussed:
Buyer Guide for a Car Baby Monitor:
- Camera and lens: Look for an anti-glare camera lens. Also, if you plan to monitor twins in your car, make sure you choose an expandable baby cam that can monitor multiple kids
- Screen Display/Monitor:
- Night vision
- Power source
- Ease of installation
|List of Top Baby Monitors||Editors' Choice|
|Overall Best Non-Wifi Baby Monitor||Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro|
|Best Dual-Camera Split Screen baby Monitor||Babysense HD S2|
|Best Baby With the Longest Range||Panasonic Long-Range Video Baby Monitor|
|Best Monitor Powered by Batteries||VTech VM819 Video Baby Monitor (19 hours on a single charge)|
|The Best Voice-activated(VOX) Baby Monitor||Anmeate Baby Monitor|
|The Best Breathing Baby Monitor||Owlet Smart Sock 3|
|Best Large-Screen Video Baby Monitor||VTech VM919HD Video Monitor|
|The Best Audio/Sound-only Baby Monitor||Philips AVENT SCD720/86|
|The Best 5 GHz Wifi Baby Monitor||iBaby M8 Video Baby Monitor|
|The Best Baby Car Camera/Monitor||Yada Portable Baby Monitor|
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Hi there! I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhoodhq.com. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.