Charging cords are very essential for all non-battery-operated baby monitors. If your baby monitor’s power cord is faulty, you need to replace it to ensure the safety of your baby as faulty cords may present a power-surge hazard – a hazard not common with a battery-operated baby monitor. In addition, faulty cords or adapters can render your baby monitor useless as you won’t be able to charge your baby monitor screen or camera unit.
In this article, we have links and instructions on how to replace the power cords of the following baby monitor brands:
- Motorola baby monitor replacement cords (MBP36S)
- Project Nursery baby monitor replacement cord
- VTech baby monitor replacement cord
- Oricom baby monitor replacement cord
- Summer Infant replacement adapters
Motorola Baby Monitor Charger and Replacement Power Cord
Motorola retails power cord replacements or monitors chargers.
Part of the reason we do not highly recommend Motorola baby monitors is because of its fault charging cords that need to be replaced. If you currently own Motorola MBP36S, you may have to replace the charging cord and it will cost you about $20. You may have the cord broken as shown in the diagram below:
To replace your Motorola charging adapter, you can get an AC-to-DC Power Adapter that has a 6-volt output and 500mA supply. The adapter which you can get on Amazon or on your local Radio Shack store has to an adapter TIP A. This is the tip that will enter to the charging port on your Motorola baby monitor.
Below is a link to Amazon where you can get a replacement charger for your Motorola charging cord replacement:
As of this publication, the Motorola adapter shown alongside sells for $15.99 and is compatible with the following Motorola baby monitor brands:
If you found the Motorola baby monitor replacement charging cord instructions above helpful, make sure to share the image below for more users to get the help they need for their malfunctioning Motorola charging cords.
for Motorola Baby Monitor Charger Power Cord Replacement Adapter Supply Compatible with Parent Unit MBP33S MBP36S MBP38S MBP41S MBP48 MBP482 5.0V 6.6Ft
- ►Patial Reference Compatible Models - Motorola Baby Monitor Parent Unit MBP36S MBP33S MBP38S MBP41S MBP48 MBP482 MBP-36S MBP-33S MBP33SBU MBP33SPU MBP36SBU MBP36SPU MBP38SBU MBP38SPU
- ►Extended Long Cord Design - Up to 6.6Ft. in Length. Enables to set your monitor easily. No more limits with the short cord.
- ►How to know if it fits your device? - Make sure your Motorola device input port is a MICRO port. Input Voltage is 5.0V while input current is or lower than 1000mA. This won't fit for devices that input voltage ISN'T 5.0V or input current higher than 1000mA.
- ►Models that won't fit - This doesn't fit motorola camera which is with ROUND port.
- **Attention**: This adapter only compatible with Micro USB Port. It DOES NOT fit DC Round port, where the charge place is circle that is not compatible.
VTech baby monitor replacement power cord
If the charging cord of your VTech baby monitor is faulty, you can get a replacement on Amazon for less than $20. The VTech baby monitor replacement adapter is shown in the image below.
The VTech replacement cord above is compatible with VTECH DM111, DM112, DM221, DM222, DM223, DM251, DM271 parent unit and DM221, DM223, DM251 baby unit. VTech offers 12 months warranty and measures about 80 feet.
Power Cord for VTech DM221 DM221-2 DM223 DM251(Parent & Baby Units) Sound Audio Baby Monitor Charger Power Adapter UL Listed, More with DM111 DM112 DM222 DM271 (Parent Unit ONLY), DC 6.0V 6.6ft White
- ✔Reference Compatible Models - Safe & Sound Audio Monitor included VTech Baby Monitor Charger DM221 DM221-2 DM223 DM251 (Parent & Baby Units) and DM111 DM112 DM222 DM271 (Parent Unit ONLY); P/N S003AKU0600040
- ✔ SAFETY / UL LISTED: Tested, Approved and Certified by UL,Safety of your equipment, business, home and family depends on the quality of your electronics; WARRANTY: 30 Days Refund - 24 Months Exchange
- ✔ How to know if it fits your device? - Make sure your VTech Baby Monitor input port is a ROUND port. Input Voltage is 6.0V while input current is or lower than 400mA. This won't fit for devices that input voltage ISN'T 6V or input current higher than 400mA.
- ✔ Extended Long Cord Design - Up to 6.6Ft. in Length. Enables to set your monitor and camera easily. No more limits with the short cord.
- ✔Wide Range Compatible Power Supply - Input AC100 - 240V ; Output DC 6.0V - 400mA. *Notice*: Output current 400mA Adapter can use for devices that need lower than 400mA without damaging.(like 200mA 300mA 400mA). However, 6V 200mA adapter CANNOT use for devices that need higher than 400mA (like 500mA), which may do harm to your device.
for VTech Baby Monitor Charger, VM919HD, VM341, VM343, VM344 Handheld Monitor Unit (Not for Camera Unit), Also for Owlet Smart Sock Base Station, Babysense V24US & Motorola Baby Monitors (List Below)
- 【9.7ft EXTRA LONG CORD】With extra long 9.7ft. in Length, this power adapter enable to set your monitor easily. No more limits with the short cord.
- 【FIT Vtech, Babysense & Motorola (MONITORS ONLY)】Including the LCD monitor of Vtech VM341, VM343, VM344 & Babysense Video Baby Monitor V24US and V24US_2 & The LCD screen of Motorola MBP33S, MBP36S, MBP36XL,MBP38S, MBP38S-2, MBP41S, MBP43S-2, MBP50-G2, MBP843 Connect, MBP853 Connect, MBP853 Connect-2, MBP854 Connect, MBP853 Connect-2, MBP855, MBP855 Connect-2
- 【MODELS WON’T FIT】ALL CAMERAS of VTech & Motorola & old models MBP36, MBP33.
- 【OTHER BRANDS THAT FIT】Infant Optics DXR-8
- 【ONLY WORK WITH MICRO USB PORT】 This charger power adapter is NOT compatible with barrel type ROUND shape port.
Pwr Charger for VTech Baby Monitor Power Adapter: 6V USA UL Listed Long Cord fits DM221 DM221-2 DM223 DM251 (Parent & Baby Units) DM111 DM112 DM222 DM271 (Parent Unit ONLY) Safe & Sound Audio Monitor
- FEATURES / POWER SPECS : Only Pwr+ Chargers Have Extra Long 6.7 Ft Power AC/DC cords / Output: 6V 0.4A / Input: 110-240V / Made in Taiwan
- WARRANTY: 30 Days Refund - 24 Months Exchange. PWR+ is WA, USA based company. We are friendly Customer Support Experts
- SAFETY / UL LISTED: Tested, Approved and Certified by UL. E475124 number is unique to PWR+ and easily verifiable on UL website. Amazon prohibits sale of electronics that do not meet UL safety requirements: UL logo and UL number should be displayed on the product's label and packaging. Safety of your equipment, business, home and family depends on the quality of your electronics.
- COMPATIBLE WITH: VTech Audio Video Baby Monitor Safe and Sound DM112-2 DM221 DM221-2 DM223 DM251 DM225 DECT 6.0 VM2251 VM2251-2 VM3252 VM3252-2 (Parent & Baby Units) and DM111 DM112 DM222 DM271 (Parent Unit ONLY); P/N PU 1218 A, S003AKU0600040
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Hi there! I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhoodhq.com. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.