Are you a new parent worried about not being able to always hear your baby crying? Or maybe you’re a seasoned parent with a busy life and want extra peace of mind. Either way, you may be wondering if there are any baby monitors on the market that include cry detection. Read on to learn more about this technology and whether or not it’s right for you.
Cry detection technology is now common with some bassinets such as Graco’s Sense2Snooze which automatically detects your baby’s cries and responds to help soothe the baby back to sleep. The technology of baby gear has progressed significantly with wireless breast pumps and bottles that can track how much your baby has eaten.
In this article, I have reviewed our top picks for baby monitors that have a special microphone to detect your baby’s cry. The microphone is programmed with algorithms that detect sounds of a baby crying and can detect a cry of any baby notifying you as soon as they start crying. Pretty neat, right? In our compiled list of 2022’s best baby monitors to get, Cubo Ai is on the list for its smart features including this cry detection feature.
Lollipop has dominated the market for a while as the well-known wifi baby monitor brand with this cry detection feature. However, as we checked all available brands currently available on Amazon, we found several monitors with this special cry-detecting microphone built into their cameras.
In the reviews below, you’ll find some new brands such as InVidyo and Vijoy and other common names such as Cubo Ai which we have reviewed here at Motherhood HQ.
13 Baby monitors with Cry detection
- Lollipop Baby Monitor with True Crying Detection
- Cubo Ai Plus
- Vijoy Baby Monitor
- Bella Smart Baby Monitor with AI Alert
- JouSecu Baby MOnitor with cry detection
Reviews of Best Baby Monitors with Cry Detection
1. Lollipop Baby Monitor with True Crying Detection
The Lollipop Baby Monitor with True Crying Detection is perfect for parents who want to keep a close eye on their little ones. The camera is wifi enabled, so you can watch your baby from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. The advanced night vision feature ensures you can see your baby even in the darkest room. And if your baby cries, the monitor will notify you immediately.
2. Invidyo Baby Monitor
The invidyo WiFi baby monitor with temperature sensor and cry detection is a high-quality 1080P Full HD camera that lets you watch your child on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere in the world. It has cry detection, motion detection, and temperature sensors. The 2-way talk feature allows you to communicate with your toddler even when he/she is asleep. You can also remotely pan and tilt the camera so you can always have an eye on what matters most to you. The video WiFi baby monitor comes with lullabies, white noise, and a night light for a sound sleep every time.
3. Cubo AI Plus
Introducing the Cubo Ai Plus Smart Baby Monitor – the most advanced baby monitor on the market and is among the 2022 best baby monitors. With true cry detection, danger zone alerts, and more, you can be sure that your baby is always safe and sound. The Sleep Analytics feature provides easy-to-navigate stats on your baby’s sleep health, while the HD Night Vision Camera with A.I. Baby Safety Alerts ensures a clear view of your child at all times. The Two-Way Audio function also allows you to communicate with your baby from anywhere in the house.
- Pediatrician co-created, CuboAi alerts you in real-time if it detects that your baby's mouth and nose are covered or if they're face down.
- Peace of mind for parents via HD night vision, true cry detection, danger zone alerts and more, so you always know when your baby needs you.
- Sleep Analytics to check baby’s sleep health in easy-to-navigate stats. Playback up to 18 hours with tags guiding you through every event.
- Built for 0-5+ years: Includes CuboAi Plus camera and 3 stand options: floor base, crib attachment and mobile stand, that transition from baby camera to toddler camera. Comes with 1 year free Cubo Ai Care Premium to help save every moment.
- Connect multiple CuboAi cameras to one account and share access with up to 7 people. CTIA Cybersecurity Certified so you know your account and data are protected. HSA/FSA Approved.
4. Vijoy Baby Monitor with cry detection
Vijoy Baby Monitor with cry detection ensures you never miss a moment with your little one. With a 5 inch full 1080 HP display screen and a 355° horizontal and 110° vertical rotating camera, you will have a clear view of your baby at all times. The built-in 5200mAh rechargeable battery lasts for 6hrs in display mode and 12hrs in sleep mode, so you can rest assured knowing that you will always be alerted if the baby starts to cry. 100% data encryption technology provides a more stable and secure connection without using wifi or App.
- Crystal clear live stream of image and long life battery. With a 5 inch full 1080 HP display screen and a 355° horizontal and 110° vertical rotating camera, you will never miss any details of baby’s movement.1080P is 4 times clearer than 720P and 10 times clearer than 480P.Built-in 5200mAh rechargeable battery lasts for 6hrs in display mode and 12hrs with the display turned off, no hassle to recharge the battery so often.
- Robust connection and Privacy protection. Advanced digital transmission and 100% data encryption technology allow more stable and security connection without using wifi and App. The external antenna allows the transmission range to expand up to 300m/1000ft in open area.
- Clear night vision. With advanced FHD 1080p HiSilicon visual sensor and 10 built-in IR LED lights of the camera, you can still have a clear visual of your baby in the dark night. Built in 3 level sound sensor and alarm system, you can adjust to make sure it wake you up when baby crying at night.
- Crispy clear two way audio communication. with high-sensitivity built in microphone, the camera can catch any baby’s slightest sounds and you can comfort the baby with your voice remotely.
- Easy to use and many more useful functions such as temperature monitoring, playing lullaby to comfort your bebe, feeding alarm clock. The monitor can be maximum paired up with 4 cameras which is ideally for a multiple children family. Please contact us for any problems, you will always have our professional support.
5. Bella Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
Bella Baby monitor equipped with AI features to let parents know when the baby cries.
Ebemate Bella Baby Monitor is equipped with AI features that can automatically detect and alert you when your baby starts crying. The smart camera is able to do so by analyzing the sound of your baby’s cry and will send an alert message to your smartphone or smartwatch even if you are not at home. You can then check in on your baby through the app, talk to him/her through the two-way audio, and see what’s going on.
- 1080P HD Video&Two-Way Talk:Ebemate 1080P Video Baby Monitor With Full HD Streaming Comes With No Glow 940nm Infrared Night Vision And Two-Way Talk.Wifi Wireless Baby Monitor Stay Connected With Baby Anytime During The Day & Night.Wifi Wireless Video Baby Monitor Make You Can Hear Real-Time Sound And Talk With Your Baby Anywhere In The World.
- Ai Integrated & Smart Baby Monitor: Ebemate Smart Video Baby Monitor Equipped With Ai Features To Let Parents Know The status of Baby within 24 hours, It Alerts Parents If Baby Cries or Baby Face Is Undetected,Movement Tracker Follows Your Toddler As They Move Around The Room And Intruder Detection Alert Parents If Strangers Are Approaching Baby.(Make Sure You Are In Us,Other Region May Cause Unstable Connecting)
- Ebemate Us App & Ptz Camera: Ebemate Us App Is Compatible With Ios And Android Devices. The App Controls All The Ai And Smart Features Detection And Send Immediate Alerts To Parents. Temperature, Humidity, And Noise Level Are Displayed On Screen To Ensure Your Baby Is Feeling Comfortable. You Can Control Ebemate Baby Monitor To Pan (Max 355°), Tilt (Max 100°) And 2XZoomin Which Covers Every Angle And Direction Of The Scene.
- Breathing Nightlight & Lullabies Soothe Assistant: To Soothe A Crying Or Fussy Baby,You Can Switch On The Breathing Nightlight And Play Lullabies. Video Baby Monitor With Camera And Audio With Many Lullabies For You And Parents Can To Play Recordings Of Their Voice To Soothe Baby Also,
- Multi-Person Authorization & Privacy Mode: Enable Guest Access To Family Members And Friends To Share Your Baby’S Precious Moments. Privacy Mode Permits Only The User Who Installed The Wireless Baby Monitor Have Access To The Device. Parents Can Watch Recorded Videos Through Ebemate'S Cloud Service or Buy SD Cards Separately.
6. JouSecu Baby Monitor with cry detection
JouSecu Baby Monitor is another cry-detection smart video baby monitor that can be used as a standalone monitor or with the app. It has two-way audio and night vision. The camera has room temperature sensors and you can get alerts when it’s too hot or too cold in the nursery. It uses FHSS technology without wifi to reduce interference and provide secure transmission. This makes its wireless range superior to WiFi, Bluetooth, RF monitors, and others. With split-screen mode, you can watch your baby on one side and check your phone messages on the other side of the screen at the same time.
- ★【3 DISPLAY MODES】Video Baby Monitor there are three modes: split screen, scan mode, view camera, plug and play, no need to set up APP, no need to connect to the Internet.
- ★【2 WAY AUDIO】Baby monitor with camera and audio, can achieve clear 2 way audio. At home, you can talk to your baby in time or play a lullaby to bring comfort to your baby.
- ★【TEMPERATURE DETECTION】Smart baby monitor, 2 cameras with room temperature sensors, temperature warning value can be customized. When the room temperature reaches the set temperature, the screen will sound to remind you. Let babies grow up healthily in an appropriate environment.
- ★【CONVENIENT and PRACTICAL】The screen size can be easily put into the trouser pocket, equipped with a charging cradle, easy to use. It also has many small functions, auto night vision, sound brightness adjustment,VOX Mode,zoom out/in. Signal transmission indoors can cover 300 to 500 feet, the transmission range is longer in open places.
- ★【PRIVACY GUARANTEE】Through FHSS transmission technology, no other equipment can access, which effectively protects privacy and makes information more secure. Our goal is to provide customers with quality products and services, and we promise to provide lifetime technical support and 365 day quality assurance.
7. AIBIEN Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
This wi-fi baby monitor from Aibien is one of the best gifts that you would give your friend or family for their baby shower. It made it to our list for having many useful features that make a baby monitor worth buying. If you are on a budget and need a baby monitor that is under $30, Aibien got your needs covered.
The Aibien video baby monitor supports sound detection. When your baby cries, the monitor’s cry detection feature sends notifications to your phone immediately. As such, you can tend to your little ones when they need your attention. Sometimes all your baby wants to calm down is hearing your voice. Aibien has, therefore, equipped this baby monitor with a two-way talk feature plus a sensitive mic and speaker. Most parents using this baby monitor are pleased with these features.
What we also loved about the Aibien baby monitor is the 1080p camera resolution for crisp clear images and superior night vision. Even better, it supports recording and playback with local storage on a micro SD card and on the cloud. You just need to download the Smartlife app to your iPad, iOS or Android smartphone, or PC. Unlike other smart baby monitors like Nanit Pro and iBaby M8 that work with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, Aibien only supports a 2.4 GHz wi-fi network.
8. Baby Time Video Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
If you are looking for a baby monitor with crying detection that comes with a screen and app, Baby Time is a fantastic choice. It ranks in the top #100 Video Baby Monitors on Amazon with good market reception. The current price tag on Amazon is $150 which we found reasonable considering the features.
We loved how sensitive this baby monitor is at detecting your baby crying from their nursery room. This makes it easier for you to do other things in the house while watching them on the 5-inch parent unit. Alternatively, you can download the CloudEdge app on your smartphone and register to view feeds remotely and receive notifications. Baby Time comes with a long-range transmission of 1000ft.
The two-way talk intercom will help calm your fussy and crying baby if they need to hear your voice. Unlike Aibien above, the Baby Time video baby monitor comes with 18 in-built lullabies to help lull your crying kiddo to sleep. Other features that give Baby Time the upper hand are the humidity and temperature sensors and a feeding reminder. Both, however, do not work with the 5 GHz network, but Baby Time has no play and record.
9. Ebemate Smart Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
Ebemate is among the best baby monitors with night light that you will find in the market today. This particular baby monitor is also featured in our baby monitors with temperature sensors. It currently ranks in the top #50 Smart Baby Monitors category on Amazon. Parents have ranked it highly for its night vision, picture quality, and sleep tracking features. It is currently priced at $70.
The Ebemate U1 has a cry detection feature that notifies when your little one is being fussy or crying. What we loved most, particularly is Bella, an in-built feature that activates the Soothe Assistant after detecting your baby’s cry. It is the Soothe Assistant feature that automatically turns on the lullabies or night light to stimulate your crying kiddo visually and aurally for comfort. In addition, you can record your voice and play it or calm your crying baby using the two-way talk audio. Just download the Ebemate app on your smartphone.
We admired the picture and video quality that uses 1080p resolution, temperature and humidity detection, and the no-glow night vision. Like Aibien, Ebemate has record and playback as well as local SD and cloud storage options. Other features we liked include an adaptive stand that grows with your kiddo, movement tracking, and danger zone detection.
Ebemate also detects when your baby’s face is covered or when they have rolled over. You receive all these alerts. Comparing all these features plus the affordable price with Baby Time, we would go with Ebemate.
10. Nooie Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
Nooie is a relatively new brand that was founded in Spring 2018. It is an innovative tech firm that focuses on enhancing the design and development of smart home devices. The Nooie baby monitor had an extravagant reception in the market. It is the top (#1) in Amazon’s Smart Baby Monitors category with a 63% 5-star rating in 3,000+ parent reviews.
This smart baby monitor made it to our list because of its Smart Detection feature that detects your baby’s cries as well as sound and motion. Since it has no parent unit, you need to download the Nooie app on your smartphone device to receive baby cry notifications. What we loved most is the high-sensitivity and anti-noise mic and speaker that receive cry signals fast. They also come in handy when using two-way audio to converse with your kiddo.
We love the 1080p camera resolution. Like Ebemate and Aibien baby monitors, Nooie comes with recording capabilities with local and cloud storage options. Unlike the Baby Time baby monitor, however, Nooie has no in-built lullabies. So, you can only record yourself or talk to calm your crying baby. It also works with 2.4GHz wi-fi only.
Nooie is one of the best baby monitors to get with a price tag of $40.
11. HelloBaby HB65 Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
HelloBaby is another reputable brand in the baby monitors industry with many models and great features. Although some of its models have 7 and 5 huge screens, we specifically choose the 3.2” screen HB65 because it showed to have more reliable crying detection than the others. This non-wi-fi baby monitor is on the list of the top 100 Smart Baby Monitors category on Amazon. It is priced under $100.
Other than the crying detection feature, what we loved most about the HB65 baby monitor is its VOX function combination. The feature turns off the parent unit’s screen when there is no activity in your baby’s room. Once VOX detects him or her crying, it triggers the camera and sends you notifications to get your kiddo’s attention. This VOX mode comes with 2 adjustable sensitivity levels. It also has good night vision and picture quality and works with 2.4GHz.
To calm your crying baby, you have a choice between playing the 8 pre-loaded lullabies or using the two-way talk audio to communicate with him. It has a range of up to 1000ft, a feeding timer, alarm, a room-temperature sensor, and 5-level sound LED indicators. The HelloBaby HB65 compares closely to GoodBaby SM35PTZ and Infant Optics DXR-8. However, it offers better cry detection than the two.
12. Simshine AI 2K HD Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
If you are on the hunt for a baby monitor with cry detection that works with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wi-fi networks, Simshine got you. The advantage of working with a 5GHz network is that there are fewer interferences which gives you a clearer audio and video signal reception. This baby monitor currently ranks at #38 in the Smart Baby Monitors category on Amazon. It is priced under $200.
Most parents are thrilled by the AI crying detection feature that stays alert to monitor your little one’s room. What’s best, it uses a unique smart tech to recognize his or her cries and plays music automatically to calm them down. The notifications are sent to your iOS or Android smartphone via the SIMHOME app. Like HB65 and Baby Time, the Simshine baby monitor has 2-way talk and lullabies to soothe your crying kid. Even better, there is white noise to lull him back to sleep.
Simshine baby monitor, like Aibien, Nooie, and Ebemate, has a record and playback function. We loved the Timeline Smart review video function that allows you to check on your previously recorded videos. You also have access to local storage and cloud storage for your videos with great encryption. What makes Simshine exceptional is the 2K camera resolution, like the one in iBaby M8, that offers the best picture and video quality in the baby monitors market today.
13. MAYSLY Video Baby Monitor with Cry Detection
Our review of the best baby monitors with cry detection would be incomplete without remarking on the Maysly brand. This non-wifi video baby monitor comes with an excellent 1080p camera resolution for great picture clarity in the day while offering a crisp night vision. Like HB65, it only comes with a parent unit, but Maysly’s is a 5-inch large screen.
This Maysly baby monitor uses crying detection tech and VOX mode like HB65 above. The screen remains off until the vox mode picks up your baby’s cries and activates the camera to send you notifications on your parent unit. To help calm your fussy or crying kiddo, you can play them lullabies or connect using the two-way talk feature with an in-built mic and speaker. This mode also helps in saving battery power. The range is 1000ft tops with an $80 price tag.
What makes this Maysly non-fi-fi baby monitor better than HB65 and others in its category such as GoodBaby and HB50 is its ability to record videos and screenshots. It also has playback. This feature is mainly found on wi-fi-enabled baby monitors which makes Maysly exceptional. Like others in our review today with this function, Maysly offers local storage (micro SD max. 64GB) but there is no cloud of course.
Are you still in a battle trying to figure out which investment is better between a wi-fi baby monitor and a non-wi-fi baby monitor? Read our comparison between wi-fi and non-wi-fi baby monitors here.
|List of Top Baby Monitors||Editors' Choice|
|Overall Best Non-Wifi Baby Monitor||Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro|
|Best Dual-Camera Split Screen baby Monitor||Babysense HD S2|
|Best Baby With the Longest Range||Panasonic Long-Range Video Baby Monitor|
|Best Monitor Powered by Batteries||VTech VM819 Video Baby Monitor (19 hours on a single charge)|
|The Best Voice-activated(VOX) Baby Monitor||Anmeate Baby Monitor|
|The Best Breathing Baby Monitor||Owlet Smart Sock 3|
|Best Large-Screen Video Baby Monitor||VTech VM919HD Video Monitor|
|The Best Audio/Sound-only Baby Monitor||Philips AVENT SCD720/86|
|The Best 5 GHz Wifi Baby Monitor||iBaby M8 Video Baby Monitor|
|The Best Baby Car Camera/Monitor||Yada Portable Baby Monitor|
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Hi there! I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhoodhq.com. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.