Whether you are shopping for the first bottle or trying to look for an alternative to what your baby has been using, it’s important to note that the very best baby bottles in the market vary significantly in design and functionalities. I have spent over 20 hours comparing the finer details of all the bottles that I initially shortlisted to feature on this list.
If you are in a hurry like several moms, Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle is the overall best baby bottle available in the market. If you want to jump to the review of this top-rated and award-winning bottle, click here.
10 Best Baby Bottles in 2022
- 1. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle
- 2. Philips Avent Anti Colic Bottles Clear
- 3. Comotomo Baby Bottle
- 4. Medella Breastmilk Bottle Set
- 5. Dr. Brown’s Original Bottle
- 6. Lansinoh mOmma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle With NaturalWave Nipple
- 7. Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle
- 8. Evenflow Feeding Classic Twist Tinted Bottles
- 9. NUK Simply Natural Bottle
- 10. MAM Anti Colic Bottle for Boys
Best Baby Bottle Reviews 2022
1. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle
Tommee Tippee is our #1 pick and the overall best baby bottle you can get in the market today. After a thorough comparison with other equally good bottles in this list, we were impressed the most with Tommee Tippee because of its award-winning breast-like nipple design.
With the most breast-like nipple ever made, this bottle flexes like mom and feels like mom because babies prefer it that wayTomme Tippee Website
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta bottle is a beautiful colored bottle that is created to mimic a woman’s breast. It emerged top in this list and is currently the 21st best-selling baby bottle in Amazon (on Jan 2022).
Tommee Tippee brand is owned by Mayborn Group, a company registered in England & Wales with HQ in Newcastle. Here is a link to the marketing page of this bottle on their US site.
If you are a breastfeeding mom that would like a bottle to feed as well, this is your default go-to bottle. You can choose from six colors and enjoy its award-winning nipple range to improve the feeding experience.
According to a survey, Tommee Tippee reported that 92% of 1200 parents who used the nipple had their babies like it by the third attempt which is impressive. The acceptance rate for other brands is as low as 60%.
The bottle has a natural stretch and provides comfort to the baby while drinking from it. The designers made the bottle to be held in different positions for the baby to hold it comfortably.
- It is a bottle with the most breast-like design
- It comes as a collection of six-brightly colored bottles.
- Comfortable hold design for the baby.
- Anti-colic valves that allow less air intake and prevent choking
- Free of phthalate
The table below summarizes the features further:
|Name||Tommee Tippee Bottle, #1 in MotherhoodHQ 2022 List.|
|Rating on Amazon on Jan 2020||4.6/5 by 2,190+ customers|
|Best-selling rank on Amazon in Baby Bottles Category||#21 in Baby Bottles|
|Why Parents Like it Most||High acceptance rate (92%), award-winning breast-like design, safe (BPA-fee), variable sizes, colors, comfortable nipple, among others|
|Price||It usually retails around $40 but you can get it for less than $30 with its current sale in Jan 2020. Check availability, sale, and pricing on Amazon today here.|
Both Comotomo and Tommee Tippee are designed to closely mimic breastfeeding to reduce bottle rejection and nipple confusion issues. Comotomo is, however, cheaper than Tommee Tippee and is currently the best-selling baby bottle on Amazon. According to Helium10, Comotomo ships over 30,000 units per month on Amazon
On the other hand, Tommee Tippee sold 3,492 units in the same period: Dec 27th, 2019 to Jan 27th, 2020. Tommee Tippee is 21st best-selling baby bottle brand, 20 positions behind Comotomo.
Pros of Tommee Tippee
- It comes in different sizes.
- BPA free.
- Comfortable nipple design.
- Different colors are available.
- It has a great nipple design.
Cons of Tommee Tippee
- Numbers can rub off.
- The nipples might collapse at some point.
2. Philips Avent Anti Colic Bottles Clear
The Philips Avent Anti Colic Bottles Clear is designed to reduce discomfort for the baby by reducing air intake. The nipples come with a ribbed texture which acts as an anti-collapse feature. Also, the wide neck makes it easy to clean and there is also low spillage.
- An anti-colic valve which helps to reduce gas and fussiness.
- Wide neck
- A slow flow nipple makes which prevents the baby from choking.
- Less spillage
- Easy to hold
- Has an anti-colic design
- Clear markings on the bottle for correct measurements
- Expensive to purchase.
3. Comotomo Baby Bottle
The Comotomo Baby Bottle is designed to mimic breastfeeding by helping babies to transition easily from nursing to bottle feeding.
- Wide neck
- Dual anti-colic design that reduces air intake.
- Maximum temperature set at 180 degree Celcius for the nipple and bottle and 120 degree Celcius for the outer ring and cap.
- Nipple made of hygienic silicone material.
- Designed to mimic breastfeeding and nipple confusion.
- Safe to be used in a microwave, sterilizers, and dishwashers.
- Good for breastfed babies.
- Safe from toxic material.
- Has an anti-drip design.
- Only available in two colors.
- Take long to warm milk in bottle warmers
4. Medella Breastmilk Bottle Set
The Madella breastmilk bottle is considered one of the best bottles for breastfeeding mothers. Physicians have recommended this bottle as the best breast milk storage product in the United States.
- Clear markings that allow for accurate readings.
- Lead-free material used.
- Screw on the lid that allows for a leak-free bottle.
- Wide base collars
- Travel caps.
- Leak-proof material used.
- Recommended by physicians.
- Available in different sizes.
- Safe for microwave and dishwasher use.
- May cause choking in small babies due to nipple flow.
5. Dr. Brown’s Original Bottle
Dr Brown’s Original Bottle comes with a set of four anti-colic bottles. The bottle is suitable for babies of all ages due to the variety of nipple and bottle sizes that come with it. The bottles are designed for all types of babies, including; bottle-fed and breastfed babies.
- Fully vented bottle design which comes with a vacuum free that mimics breastfeeding.
- BPA free material used.
- Comes with a 4-pack 8 ounce bottle.
- Slow-flow bottle design that prevents choking.
- BPA free.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Prevents reflexes.
- Reduces colic.
- Tight travel cap makes travelling around easy without leakage.
- The venting system design makes it difficult to clean.
6. Lansinoh mOmma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle With NaturalWave Nipple
The Lansinoh mOmma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle is the best bottle for any mom who would not want nipple confusion while breastfeeding. This bottle is suitable for infants and babies of all ages. The bottle is recommended for mothers with babies that suffer from reflux and colic issues. The bottle comes as a set of three Lansinoh feeding bottles, three Lansinoh bottle caps and three Lansinoh silicone nipples.
- Made of BPA-free material.
- Has an anti-colic design.
- Ergonomically designed to allow for proper oral development of the baby.
- Natural wave nipple that reduces nipple confusion.
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe.
- BPA free material used.
- Great for babies with reflux and colic symptoms
- Prevents gas build-up.
- Natural wave nipple that prevents nipple confusion.
- It allows too much milk to flow through the nipples.
7. Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle
The Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle comes with a unique design that allows for upright feeding. The bottle is designed for breastfed babies, and also those suffering from reflux and colic issues. Also the bottle helps babies with ear infections since it allows for upright feeding. The Playtex pack has five feeding bottles, five Playtex textured nipples and five Playtex bottle caps.
- Anti-colic design.
- The angled design allows for upright feeding.
- BPA free material used.
- Microchannel vents which prevent air intake as the baby feeds.
- BPA free
- Recommended by pediatricians to help prevent ear infections.
- Designed uniquely to reduce colic.
- Easy to clean
- The medium flow of milk.
- Cases of leakage if on tightly closed.
- Clogging may occur due to the slow flow nipples.
8. Evenflow Feeding Classic Twist Tinted Bottles
The Evenflow Feeding Classic Twist Tinted Bottles come with a very simple shape and design. The bottles are designed for growing babies. Also, those babies that tend to drink too fast are highly recommended to use these bottles. The pack includes 12 Evenflo feeding bottles, 12 Evenflo slow flow nipples, and 12 Evenflo bottle caps. The bottles also come in blue, green and teal colors.
- Made of BPA free Polypropylene.
- Slow flow nipple design that prevents choking and spitting.
- It has micro air vents that prevent nipples from collapsing.
- Has an easy to hold design.
- Suitable for babies of all ages
- Comfortable to use.
- Prevents nipple collapse.
- BPA free Polypropylene material used.
- Has air vents that prevent gas build-up.
- Easy-to-hold design.
- Cases of leakages reported.
9. NUK Simply Natural Bottle
The NUK Simply Natural Bottle is designed for breastfed babies. The multiple holes on the nipple provide a natural feed feeling for the baby. According to a July 2015 home use test conducted, the bottle was recommended by more than 90% of moms.
- Multiple nipple holes ranging from 3-9 holes depending on the flow rate.
- BPA free material used.
- Anti-colic air system that reduces gas buildup and spit-up.
- Soft silicone nipple that mimics a mother’s breast.
- The design is stain & odor resistant.
Pros NUK Simply Pros
- Soft silicone nipples designed to provide an easy latch.
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe.
- Anti-stain and odor design.
- Easy to clean.
- Highly recommended.
- Often leaks on the cap.
10. MAM Anti Colic Bottle for Boys
The MAM Anti Colic bottle for Boys is designed for boys. They are specifically designed for bottle-fed and breast-fed babies. Babies suffering from colic and reflux symptoms will benefit a lot from these bottles.
- Anti-colic vent base design.
- It comes with soft silicone nipple.
- Hs a medium flow capability.
- BPS free.
- BPA free.
- The anti-colic feature prevents choking and spitting,
- Fast sterilization features.
- Spill free.
- Gender-specific design.
Ranking Factors of the Best Baby Bottles
To narrow down your search, I’ve put together things you need to generally consider as you purchase your baby’s next bottle for feeding.
It is highly important to select the right nipple depending on the age of the baby. Here are some age-based recommendations on the nature of the nipple you can get:
- For newborns: newborns should be fed using slow flow nipple bottles to prevent choking.
- For babies aged 3 to 12 months, medium flow nipples are highly recommended.
- Fast flow nipples are then recommended for toddlers aged between 12-18 months.
The Bottle Size
The mother should select small and slim bottles, which make it easy to use, for both the mother and the baby. Slimmer bottles that are small are easier for your baby to handle. If your baby is currently struggling to hold the bottle because of its large size, consider getting a smaller one.
You should note that while smaller-capacity bottles are great and easy for newborns to handle, you’d need to purchase a bigger bottle as your baby grows.
The balance is therefore to find a large capacity bottle that will save you the hassle of looking for another bottle as your baby grows and a bottle that’s not too large for your little one to handle.
Material used to make the bottle
Glass bottles were a trend several decades ago but they were bulky and broke very easily. Then plastic-made bottles were introduced and it made it easier to carry the bottles without running the risk of breaking them.
So are all baby bottles safe?
I am a big fan of sticking to organic products but unfortunately, we have to rely on plastics for baby bottles. What’s prudent is to look for bottles that are Bisphenol A (BPA) free. BPA has been linked to cancer. BPA was also described to have a chemical that can act like the hormone estrogen in the body. So BPA bottles are a NO, NO!
Other than BPA, make sure the bottle you’re purchasing does not contain the following chemicals:
- Phthalate: It is usually added to plastics to increase their flexibility, transparency, durability, and longevity
You can always find the details of the bottle on the bottle label. If you are in the US, you’ll probably not see any baby bottle that is made using BPA in the market as it was banned by the FDA in 2012, following a request by American Chemistry Council.
To be on the safe side, if you see any bottle with #7 or PC, it is likely that the materials used to make it contain BPA. Avoid it at all costs.
#1, #2 or #4 marks on any bottle indicate that they’re made of polyethylene and #5 mark indicates that it is made of polypropylene. Both polyethylene and polypropylene are BPA-free
Your baby may react and even spit out or vomit any acidic food and some bottles have been made to enhance feeding, regardless of the health condition.
It is important to select bottles that prevent babies from refluxes, colic and gas build-up, and ear infections. The designs include anti-reflux bottles, anti-colic and angled bottles that allow the mother to feed the baby in an upright position to prevent ear infections. Here is a summary of what the terms above mean:
- Reflux Bottles: If you want to prevent your baby from spitting up, a slow feeding bottle is the most ideal. If you go with an anti-reflux bottle, you can rely on it to prevent overflowing of the bottle and incidences of air entering your baby’s mouth.
- Colic Bottles: Colic bottles are made with vents that make sure no gas is making its way to the nipple. This ensures your baby does not swallow gas.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Hi there! I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhoodhq.com. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.