Do you have a 10-year-old girl in your life? If so, we’ve got the perfect gift guide for her! We’ll tell you what to get her whether she loves makeup, dolls, or books. Check out these best gifts for 10-year-old girls today!
Before the gift reviews, let’s understand a typical 10-year-old first.
A 10-year-old is likely in the fifth grade and is starting to think more about things like popularity and her place in the world. She’s probably into dolls, makeup, and books, but isn’t too interested in traditional toys anymore.
- Cognitive abilities: A 10-year-old is able to think about things more abstractly and reason through problems.
- Emotional development: At this age, many kids are able to empathize better and show more concern for others.
- Physiological changes: Most 10-year-olds have finished puberty, but some girls may have a little further to go.
Now that we know what to consider when buying a gift for a 10-year-old girl, let’s take a look at some of the best gifts out there.
If she loves makeup:
- Try giving her a makeup set or palette. Many 10-year-olds are into experimenting with different looks, and a makeup set is the perfect way to let her do that.
If she loves dolls:
- Dolls are always a popular gift for 10-year-olds, and there are so many different kinds to choose from. If your little girl loves dolls, get her one that she can play with and style however she wants.
If she loves books:
- Books are a great gift for 10-year-olds because they can be enjoyed for years to come. Get her a book that she’s been wanting to read or one that’s based on her favorite TV show or movie.
Factors to consider when picking a gift for a 10-year-old girl:
- Her hobbies: As mentioned above, 10-year-olds are into different things at this age. Consider what your daughter is interested in and buy her a gift that relates to that.
- What stage of development she’s in: Depending on where your 10-year-old is developmental, she may prefer different types of gifts. If she’s still into dolls and makeup, get her something related to that. If she’s more into books and outdoor activities, get her something along those lines.
- How much money you want to spend: Gifts for 10-year-olds can range from very cheap to very expensive, so choose what’s best for your budget.
- Occasion: If you’re not sure what to get your 10-year-old, consider her birthday or Christmas. At this age, kids start to have specific interests, so it’s easier to buy them a gift that they’ll love.
Gift Ideas to Consider:
- Books: In the fifth grade, many kids are into reading chapter books. Get your 10-year-old girl a book that she’s been wanting to read or one that’s based on her favorite TV show or movie.
- Dolls: Dolls are always a popular gift for 10-year-olds, and there are so many different kinds to choose from. If your little girl loves dolls, get her one that she can play with and style however she wants.
- Makeup: Try giving her a makeup set or palette. Many 10-year-olds are into experimenting with different looks, and a makeup set is the perfect way to let her do that.
- Jewelry: Jewelry is a great gift for 10-year-olds because it can be worn for any occasion. Get her a necklace, bracelet, or ring that she can wear to all of her future events.
- Clothing: 10-year-olds are starting to think about their style, so get her some new clothes that she’ll love. Whether she’s into dresses, pants, or skirts, there’s something for everyone.
- Electronics: Many 10-year-olds are into electronics, so consider getting her a new phone, tablet, or laptop. Just make sure that it’s age-appropriate.
- Outdoor toys: If your 10-year-old loves being active, consider getting her some new outdoor toys. This could be anything from a bike to a soccer ball to a set of golf clubs.
- Music: A lot of 10-year-olds are into music, so get her a gift that she can use to express herself. This could be anything from a guitar to a set of drums to a microphone.
- Games: Games are always a popular gift for kids, and 10-year-olds are no exception. Get her a new game that she can play with her friends or family.
Best Gifts for 10-year-old Girls:
Doodle World Map Pillowcase
Eat, Sleep & Doodle World Map Pillowcase is the perfect gift for those who like to travel, map-lovers and young geography enthusiasts. It’s a fun educational ‘around the world’ learning adventure that’s great for improving geography knowledge. Reuseable coloring activity – Doodle and color your own map pillowcase then just wash it and start again! The color-in doodle pillowcase helps develop kids’ fine motor skills: top quality, eco-friendly and practical – made from soft 100% 200 thread count cotton traditionally printed.
Sleepover Party Activity Game
This is the ultimate sleepover party game! With over 200 stunts, performances, and activities, you’ll do silly things like being a human mirror and making funny sounds with friends. Keep the party entertained all night long. Kids rule at the sleepover party, but mom and dad can play too… if they behave! This Sleepover Party Game is sure to create lots of laughs. This game is best with 3 or more players who are ages 8 years old and up. It comes with 85 Act It Cards, 75 Work It Cards and 40 Party Cards, 1 spinner, and instructions.
Commando Kelly Doll
In the action-packed animated movie Barbie: Spy Squad, enter the exciting world of espionage with three amazing girls who are training to become secret agents. When their headquarters is destroyed, they must use their smarts and spy skills to save the day. Now girls can imagine joining the crime-fighting fun with their own Barbie: Spy Squad Kelly doll. Kelly is dressed in a cool spy outfit with a pink and black jacket, cargo pants, belt, and shoes. She comes with a telescoping mirror and sunglasses for stealth missions. With an included code, girls can unlock exclusive content on barbie.com/spysquad.
Mattel Barbie Dreamhouse
The Barbie Dreamhouse is the perfect place for Barbie and her friends to hang out, and now it’s even better because it has a three-story elevator that takes them up to the rooftop pool. Girls can imagine living in their own Dreamhouse with this iconic pink home that has seven rooms including a bedroom, kitchen, living room, and outdoor patio. The Dreamhouse also comes with three mini-dolls–Barbie, her friend Teresa, and Teresa’s little sister Stacey–plus a themed pet cat for even more storytelling fun.
Monster High School
Most girls love Monster High dolls because they’re so different from the traditional Barbies. These dolls are stylish and dark, with cool clothes and hairstyles. And now there’s a Monster High School playset that lets girls bring the dolls to class. The school has three stories and lots of play areas, plus a working elevator that takes the dolls to all the different levels. There’s even a locker for each doll. Girls can recreate their favorite scenes from the Monster High movies or create new adventures of their own.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera
The new, compact INSTAX Mini 9 color models preserve the ease of use and attractive design elements of the existing INSTAX Mini series. At the same time, the Mini 9 cameras offer new features and enhancements. You will instantly notice a slimmer and lighter body. The INSTAX Mini 9 is approximately10% smaller than the Mini 8 while still maintaining the ease of use that consumers demand. The new INSTAX Share smartphone app allows you to connect wirelessly to INSTAX Mini 9 cameras and customize photos before printing.
Walking Dead Board Game
In the Walking Dead Board Game, you and your friends take on the role of Survivors in a world where zombies have overrun civilization. You must use all of your cunning and resources to battle the undead and survive while also completing missions to gather essential supplies. The game is based on the hit AMC television series, so fans of the show will feel right at home. With over 100 detailed cards, dice, and counters, this is a game that will keep you coming back for more.
How to Be a Tree
This charming picture book is perfect for anyone who’s ever wondered what it would be like to be a tree. It takes us on a journey from seed to sprout to full-grown tree, describing all the things that trees do and feel along the way. The simple, lyrical text is accompanied by beautiful illustrations that show the natural world in all its glory. How to Be a Tree is a perfect choice for nature lovers of all ages.
Toys Big Bag of Science Works
The Big Bag of Science is a fun way to introduce kids to the world of science. This kit includes more than 70 different experiments that will teach them about physics, chemistry, and biology. There’s something for everyone, from simple projects that can be completed in minutes to more complex tasks that require a little more time and effort. With this kit, kids will learn about the scientific process and how to ask questions and investigate their surroundings. They’ll also have a lot of fun doing it.
Hasbro Connect 4 Shots
The classic game of Connect 4 is now even better with the addition of a shot glass. In Connect 4 Shots, players take turns trying to connect four of their color in a row. If your opponent manages to block you, you take a drink from the shot glass. The first player to make four in a row wins the game and gets to drink the remaining shots. It’s fast, furious, and a whole lot of fun.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Mary Stephens is our infant development and baby fun activities specialist here at Motherhood HQ. She has over 10 years of experience dealing with kids, previously as a K3 teacher and now as a K9-12 teacher specializing in physical education and Social Studies. She is certified to teach in New York and Massachusetts and when not teaching trampoline jump tricks or giving toddler safety guides, she enjoys writing and providing helpful guides to parents on baby fun activities from infancy to toddlerhood. Mary is also an independent consultant providing parents with fun activities at home and appropriate toys and baby gear for infants and toddler development. She can be reached at her email, mary.s(at)motherhoodhq.com.