While I have managed to put together detailed reviews of the best high chair for small spaces, I haven’t been an expert when it comes to space-saving baby gear. In fact I had to learn the hardway and with helpful insight and deep research, I hope you’ll find the most suitable compact high chair for your small living space.
As rental prices per square foot have continued to rise, there has been a continuing shift to opt for compact home setups, including nurseries that make the most of their limited square footage. Our family also moved to a smaller apartment this past year.
For those of us with smaller houses, we have to consider carefully what high chair options to get as toddlers start making that important shift to eat solids at a regular dining table. Finding a baby high chair that fits seamlessly into your home is essential. I still remember how stressful it was to set up my nursery in the smaller apartment.
It can be difficult to find a good-quality high chair for small spaces since many options tend to take up too much room in your home or apartment. Many parents end up resorting to buying a baby booster seat or portable high chair, which provide limited support and aren’t ideal for your child’s safety. In this post, I will be reviewing some of the best high chairs for small spaces on the market today that are perfect for apartment living and condominiums alike.
When you are saving square footage in your home, the space-saving baby high chair that you choose may give you extra square feet. If you live in a small apartment of as low as 150 square feet, that one square foot can make a difference.
Thinking 150 sq ft. is too small? Many families are now making it work with that much space.
4 Designs of the Best Baby High chairs for Small Spaces
So what’s the most compact size of a space-saving baby high chair?
In general, a smaller baby high chair will have a smaller footprint. A baby high chair’s footprint is heavily influenced by its design and below are some of the best designs of space-saving baby high chairs;
- Compact Fold and/or multi-fold designs: The fold and multi-fold mechanism can reduce the size of an assembled high chair to almost a third. This is my favorite design since they save you the most space.
- Removable tray designs: If you have limited storage space in your home, a removable tray might be the perfect solution. With such high chairs, you can remove the entire tray and store it somewhere else when not in use.
- Designs that can be pulled under the table: Designs that can be pulled right up under the table save significant space as the space underneath the table isn’t usually used anyways.
- Collapsible designs: High chairs that collapse through multi-fold or through hinge mechanisms are usually very compact when stored away. These make it easy to store the high chair in small spaces, as well as, making it easy to transport if you need to take it with you on vacation or to grandma’s house?
The high chairs for limited space that I have reviewed below are also ideal if you want a high chair to mostly use only during meals and stow away when not in use. Your pick for such a small compact high chair should have a compact fold to make it easier for you to store away. Quick and easy fold!
So, which is the best space-saving high chair for small apartments? We’ve narrowed it down to five great choices that will help you save space without compromising on quality or safety. Let’s take a look at some of our top picks.
When you’re looking for the best baby high chair for small spaces, there are a few things to keep in mind. Some chairs are too big and take up too much room, while others don’t have enough features or are difficult to use. Here are our top picks for the best baby high chairs for small spaces. We’ve included both budget-friendly and high-end options to meet your needs. So whether you’re looking for a simple chair that will get the job done or something with more features, we’ve got you covered!
How to Pick the Best High Chair for Small Spaces
When looking to purchase a baby highchair, there are certain features that you’ll want to have on the chair.
Reviews of the Best High Chairs for Small Spaces
1. Joovy Nook High Chair
Our overall best high chair for small spaces is the Nook High Chair from Joovy, a renowned brand in the baby products market. This product was also featured in our review of the best high chairs for counter height and baby-led weaning. Currently, this high chair ranks at #20 in Baby Highchairs on Amazon with most parents loving its size (32” L x 23.5” W x 42” H).
We loved this high chair’s design which allows it to fold into a compact size that many buyers say is convenient for their small living spaces. Even better, the legs feature padding that prevents the high chair from scratching your floors. To make your baby’s feeding easy from the family table as they grow, the swing-open tray comes with 4 adjustable positions. Its footrest also provides an optimal posture for eating.
- Removable, swing-open tray with 4 adjustable positions
- Easy clean up, dishwasher-safe tray insert and leatherette seat wipes down easily
- Compact, one-hand, standing fold with carry handle
- Non-scratch floor pads; Open size: 41 x 23.5 x 32 inch (H x W x L); Folded size: 9 x 23.5 x 28.5 inch (H x W x L)
- Adjustable 5-point harness, max child weight 50 pounds. BPA/BPS/phthalate/lead free
This high chair from Joovy is designed for babies 6 months and above and has a 50 lbs. weight limit. Other features that we liked include a leatherette seat that is easy to wipe clean, and an adjustable 5-point harness to keep your baby safe. It comes in 5 different chic colors.
2. Evenflo Symmetry High Chair
Our second-best high chair for tight living spaces on the list is the Symmetry High Chair from Evenflo. Most parents who purchased this high chair loved it for its ability to fold flat when not in use for ease of storage and to free up space. A significant number of parents, however, say that the high chair is relatively small and has a tight leg area which affects baby comfort. It measures 23” L x 26.6” W x 40.16” H.
What we loved most about this high chair is the 2 recline positions that provide comfort when feeding. To help keep them snug and secure, it has a 5-point harness with shoulder padding for extra coziness. The tray has a dishwasher-safe liner and is adjustable to 3 positions that adapt to your growing baby needs. It is designed for babies with up to 40 lbs. weight limit. Evenflo has equipped this high chair with legs that protects your floor from scratches.
- Need some extra space in the kitchen? Eating dinner out tonight? The Symmetry High Chair easily folds down to only 8 inches for quick and easy storage both in your home and in your car
- Cleaning up just got a little easier with a full fabric, machine washable seat pad and a convenient dishwasher safe tray liner
- We are all different shapes and sizes. Customize your Symmetry High Chair to your little ones comfort with 2 reclining options and 3 tray positions
- Keep them snug and secure with an adjustable 5-point harness and padded shoulder covers. Supports Under 40 lbs (18 kg) with Folded Dimensions : 32.5 inches height X 13.9 inches width X 23 inches depth
- Wherever your meals take you, the Symmetry High Chair has front wheels for easy movabil
If you are planning on having dinner down the street at Grandma’s, this high chair is a fantastic choice. It is available in 3 beautiful colors and comes with a machine-washable seat pad.
3. Graco Slim Spaces High Chair
Even by its name, you can tell that this high chair from Graco has been specifically designed as a space saver. Our third best high chair for slim spaces, the Slim Spaces high chair is adored by most parents that live in the city where space is expensive. It measures 32” L x 23” W x 42” H. Most parents who bought this high chair praise how it folds into a compact size (8.5-inches).
Recommended for an age range of up to 3 years, this high chair made it to our list for excellent versatility. It features 3 recline levels adjustable to an ideal position that makes feeding comfy for your kiddo, even with reflux. In addition, it has 6 height positions that you can adjust to fit the height of the table. And did we tell you about the extra-plush infant body support that offers more comfort during early feedings? You can also remove it as your baby grows into a toddler.
- Most compact fold - only 8.5 inches - makes this highchair easy to store in slim spaces between family meals
- Use your highchair immediately, right out of the box, with no assembly required
- Clean-up is a breeze with stain resistant and machine washable seat pad, and dishwasher-safe tray
- 6 height positions and 3 recline levels make feedings comfortable for baby and easy for you
- Extra plush infant body support positions baby comfortably for early feedings and removes to give toddlers more room.Convertible 3- & 5-point harness keeps baby safely secured during feedings.Weight range is not to exceed 40 lbs. Pull side bars on seat forward, and buttons on side of tray will snap into place.Recommended age range is up to 3 years
This space saver high chair comes with a 3- and a 5-point harness, striking colors, a dishwasher-safe tray, and a weight limit of 40 lbs.
Here are other top-rated Graco high chairs.
4. Cosco Simple Fold High Chair
Our fourth best high chair for tiny spaces today is the Simple Fold high chair from Cosco Kids. The brand is reputable in the baby products realm for making quality high chairs and travel car seats. Cosco Simple Fold High Chair currently ranks at #7 in the Baby Highchairs category on Amazon with a 76% 5-stars rating in more than 22,000 parent reviews. It comes in 9 chic colors with ease of assembly, folding, and fitting in small spaces being its strongest suits.
We liked this high chair’s footprint that almost all parents who live in small houses admire for how it perfectly fits in small spaces. It is designed for children with a maximum weight of up to 50lbs. to help invite them to family mealtimes with a 3 position adjustable tray. We loved the in-built cupholder and leg rest that makes your kiddo comfy as they grow. The bold, innovative design of this high chair features a 3-point harness for security, and it folds flat for easy storage.
- Easy wipe seat makes all that baby goo simple to clean
- Folds flat and stands on its own, making it easy to hide away
- Compact fold great for taking on the go
- No nonsense design sets up in just seconds. CHOKING HAZARD - Children Under 3 - This toy is not suitable for ages under 3 years. It contains one or more of the following items: marbles, small ball, or small parts
- 3 point harness keeps child up to 50 pounds secure
- Wipe able seat
The legs have padding which prevents scratching the floor and the high chair is lightweight to travel with when folded. Some parents wish it supports babies to sit in an upright position.
5. Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray
If you are on the hunt for a wooden high chair for small spaces, Abiie got is a fantastic choice! Most parents who bought this high chair say it is perfect for their small apartments as it takes up a small amount of floor space. Designed for kids 6 months old up, this high chair was at #12 in the Baby Highchairs category on Amazon with an 81% 5-stars rating in 4,500+ parent reviews. The Abiie wooden high chair is also featured in our review of high chairs for baby-led weaning.
Abiie high chairs are made using beechwood, a type of hardwood that is safe for making kids’ products. We loved the EZ seat system that allows for a quick seat adjustment plus a footrest for baby comfort. This high chair comes with a weight limit of up to 250 lbs. and its tray has a removable cover that makes it easy to clean your baby’s messes. And did we tell you about the waterproof soft cushion?
- EZ-Seat: The High chair can be transformed to any height position to use as a Toddlers chair or as a traditional dining chair for all ages, all within less than 20 seconds! Its economical and instantly provides an extra chair to your home when needed. No tools needed for adjustment.
- Safety: Heat Sterilization. The High Chair wood went through a state-of-the-art pressure-assisted high-temperature sterilization at 248 °F (120 ° C) ensures a hygienic environment for your child.
- Dual Restraint System: The restraint system can be adjusted for a 5-point harness or a 3-point harness, keeping your loved one secure and comfortable.
- Ease of Cleaning: The chair is designed with several easy access points for parents to clean up. The stain-resistant cushions make cleaning a breeze. Just a quick wipe with a damp cloth will remove any mess or dirt left by your child. The cushion is waterproof so unexpected spills arent absorbed. The one-hand removable tray cover is dishwasher safe.
- Warranty: 3-year Manufacturer’s Warranty included with optional low cost 1/2/3 years extended protection pla
The Beyond Wooden High Chair from Abiie has a dual restraint system that can be adjusted into a 3-point or 5-point harness for child safety. This space-efficient high chair is a worthy deal even for parents whose kids have special needs.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Sandra W. Bullock is a grand-mom to two boys and is part of the review board here at Motherhoodhq.com. She is responsible for the quality control of content and is among our most experienced moms. She has over 20 years of writing parenting content online focussing on baby safety indoors and outdoors. She has written widely on babyproofing nurseries and homes for infants and toddlers and published work on privacy and the safety of baby monitors. She is a renowned advocate for non-wifi baby monitors that cannot be hacked and spends a lot of time educating parents on how to secure their homes – including ways to secure the baby from harm in and around homes. Sandra is a native of Atlanta where she also works. She can be reached using her email, Sandra.w(at)motherhoodhq.com