If you are expecting your new bundle of joy, a stroller must be one of the items sitting high on your list. But if you want to get the most out of walks with your little one, getting a reversible stroller would be a great idea. Also referred to as modular, these strollers can be adjusted to allow the baby to face the parent or forward.
During the first months with your baby, it’s important for them to ride facing you as you push the stroller so you can engage more and form close bonds. Eye contact enables your baby to feel safe, and you are also able to tell if they are okay, like if the sun is shining in their eyes, or if they have fallen asleep, or they have put something in the mouth they shouldn’t, etc. When they are older, you can easily switch the stroller to face forward to give them a better view of the world.
Since strollers have numerous different features, choosing can be overwhelming. To help you out, we have researched and compiled a list of the best reversible strollers on the market.
How to Pick the Best Reversible Strollers: Features to Consider;
- Comfort: This is absolutely necessary. After all, you’re going to be putting your child in this thing multiple times a day, every day, so they need to be as comfortable as possible.
- Seat & seat material: The seat needs to recline and give your baby plenty of room. But it also needs to fit securely so that your child doesn’t fall out. The seat needs to be easily washable, especially if your child is sick or drooling a lot.
- Storage: Storage for babies’ essentials is critical, but most importantly the basket should be easy to access and spacious enough to hold all of your child’s items.
- Wheels: These are important because they determine the type of surfaces the stroller can handle. Plastic wheels might be best for bumpy trails, while rubber or foam wheels work well for harder surfaces. You also want a swiveling front wheel so that you have more control over your stroller and less resistance when going around corners.
- Handle: Comfort and height are both important factors to consider. Make sure the handle is adjustable, so you don’t have to hunch over while pushing your stroller. And make sure it’s designed with a grip that won’t slip from your hands.
- Brakes: You want brakes that are easy to apply, but also secure and reliable.
- Fold: Being able to fold up your stroller with one hand makes it a lot easier to carry and store when you’re done using it. So look for one that works well and is easy to use.
- Price: This isn’t nearly as important as the other factors we’ve mentioned, but obviously you don’t want to pay more than you have to. So keep an eye on any extra features that drive the price up too much.
- Weight: Your stroller needs to be light enough for you to carry with one hand if necessary. And it also needs to be light enough for you to lift into your car if necessary.
Best Reversible Stroller:Graco Modes 3 Lite DLX
After narrowing our long list of potential strollers, we choose the Graco Modes 3 Lite DLX Stroller as our top pick because it basically provides you with everything you need to have a good time with your baby on your outings- one-hand fold, easily reversible seat, nine different riding configurations, and is lightweight and car seat compatible all for great pricing.
Best single strollers that are reversible
- Graco Modes
- Evenflo Pivot
- Ergobaby 180
- Chicco Urban
- UPPAbaby Cruz
- Baby Jogger City Tour LUX
- Urbini Reversi
- Baby Trend Debut Sport 3-Wheel
- Nuna Mixx
- Quinny Zapp Flex
- Baby Trend Go-Lite Snap Fit Sprout
- Mountain Buggy cosmopolitan
- Valco Baby Snap Ultra Trend
- Combi Mechanical Handy
- Mamas and Papas: Armadillo Flip
- Bugaboo: Bee5, Fox, Ant
- Cybex: Priam, Mios 2, Balios M
- Mamas and Papas Ocarro
Best convertible reversible strollers
- Britax B-Ready G3
- UPPAbaby Vista
- Baby Jogger City Select
- Evenflo Pivot Xpand
- Thule Sleek
- Nuna Demi Grow
- Phil & Ted’s Voyager
- Graco Uno2Duo
Reviews of Best Reversible Strollers 2022
1. Graco Modes 3 Lite DLX Stroller: Best Overall Reversible Stroller
Dimensions: 34 x 26 x 41 inches
Weight: 21 pounds, 39.2 pounds with infant car seat
The Graco Modes 3 Lite has tons of handy features, making it a favorite for parents. First, it’s suitable to use from birth up to 50 pounds. In addition, it provides up to nine different riding positions, and its sporty three-wheel configuration allows easy maneuvering on both city streets and tracks.
Compared to others in its class, this stroller is lightweight and easy to carry in and out of your car. Moreover, it has a one-handed self-standing fold, which is one of the features that parents love. In addition, the handle stands at a good height for average and tall users, and the foam padding provides a comfortable grip when pushing and maneuvering.
The Graco Modes Lite is a versatile 3-in-1 stroller that works as an infant carrier, infant stroller, and toddler stroller. Simply remove the toddler seat and attach an infant car seat to convert it to an infant carrier. Luckily, the Modes Lite is compatible with any Graco infant car seat of your choice, and they all click in quickly in one step. You can also convert into a rear-facing bassinet mode by reclining the toddler seat and adjusting calf support.
While in toddler mode, your child can be forward or rear facing-just click the seat off and re-click it facing the desired direction. In addition, the seat is deep and comfortable with multiple recline options, nice padding, adjustable calf rests, and a decent-sized canopy with a mesh window.
There is also a parent tray with two cup holders and a storage pocket for essentials like keys and a phone. In addition, the bottom basket is roomy and can fit everything you and your child need for your outing.
2. Lightweight reversible strollers: Bugaboo Ant
Dimensions: 38 x 16 x 40 inches
Weight: 15.8 pounds
Weight limit: 50 pounds
The Bugaboo Ant is our best choice for a lightweight reversible stroller. At 15.8 pounds, there are other better lightweight strollers, but none with a reversible seat. It’s also one of the few lightweight strollers that have the capacity to accommodate children up to 50 pounds, making for a valuable purchase.
Its small size, compact fold, and easy maneuverability on tight corners are its top selling points. This stroller folds so compactly that it fits the tiny luggage compartments in some airplanes and boots of small cars, making it a top choice for traveling families.
Its small wheels will not work for rough terrains, but they push and maneuver like a dream on smooth urban surfaces, pavements, or grass. The telescoping handlebar has adjustable height with two settings to choose from (37.4 inches or 40 inches) to ensure comfortable pushing even for long distances.
This stroller has a comfy toddler seat that can recline in three positions in rear-facing mode, and in two positions in forward-facing mode. However, it doesn’t have near-flat so it’s best to use it with older babies from six months who already have proper head and neck support. That said, it’s newborn-ready with the use of an infant car seat or bassinet (sold separately). It’s compatible with Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Clek Living, and Cybex car seats with adapters.
The Bugaboo Ant also has one of the most innovative canopy designs that folds down flat when storing the stroller or changing position from rear to forward-facing mode. In addition, it’s sturdy, extendable, and has SPF 50 level protection against harmful UV rays.
Its bottom storage basket is also unique since it has two separate compartments to keep your items organized. The front compartment is suitable for a diaper bag while the rear, a mesh pouch is great for valuables like wallets and phones, toys, or snacks. The best thing is that this pouch is easily accessible even when the stroller is folded down, which is thoughtful and helpful when traveling.
- Very lightweight and easy to carry
- Height adjustable handlebar accommodates users of different heights
- Smooth ride on flat surfaces
- Can convert to travel system
- Super compact fold, which is easy to store
- A fantastic canopy that folds flat when needed
- Generous storage basket that is accessible even when the stroller is folded
- Complicated fold; has multiple steps and requires two hands
- Not great for tall toddlers above two and half years
3. Bugaboo Runner: Reversible jogging stroller
Dimensions: 46 x 28 x 18 inches when folded
Weight: 28 pounds when complete with seat, frame, and wheels
Weight limit: 9 months to 45 pounds
The Bugaboo Runner is the only jogging stroller in the market currently with a reversible seat. Despite the expensive price, it’s a great option as your toddler can enjoy the forward-facing view while you run, they can even cheer you on even though you will not be able to see them. Or, you can switch rear-facing to enjoy hearty conversions and laughter with your child when you are going for long walks.
It is a sleek, well-designed, and sturdy running jogging stroller that is sold as a complete package, or the chassis alone to attach to your existing Bugaboo seat (Donkey, Cameleon 3, Buffalo, Bee5,) if you own one. Buying the chassis as an accessory is a great idea for Bugaboo parents with an active life to continue doing so without buying a whole new jogger.
This jogging stroller is pretty heavy but it handles and pushes very smoothly. The large air-filled tires absorb all the bumps and obstacles in your path, giving you and your child a smooth and enjoyable ride. Braking is also easy because, unlike other jogging strollers, the Runner has two brakes; a handbrake that runs along the entire length of the handlebar (very easy to engage whether you are right-handed or left-handed) and a footbrake that you can easily engage with your foot. We also love that the handlebar height can be adjusted to allow parents with different heights to push comfortably.
Bugaboo runner seat has multiple reclining positions, and you can easily adjust the recline on one hand. Parents also love that the UPF 50+ canopy extends all the way down providing maximum protection for the child during hot days. The jogger also includes convenient extras like a rain cover, mudguards for all three wheels, carry handle, and an air pump in case you ever find yourself with a flat tire, you can just reach for it in the storage basket where it has its own storage section and fix the problem.
One of the things to note is that since the Bugaboo Runner is designed strictly for jogging, so the front wheel is fixed to increase stability and keep you running in a straight line. Unfortunately, the lack of a swivel wheel makes it challenging to maneuver through crowded city streets and corners. Reviewers mentioned they were forced to push down on the handle to tilt the jogger downwards on its back wheels as they turned. Most jogging strollers have a front swivel wheel that can lock and unlock, making navigation easier when you’re not using it to run. This makes the Bugaboo Runner suitable for navigating less crowded suburbs as opposed to busy urban areas.
Folding the jogger is easy but not the best feature of this jogger since it folds quite large and requires you to remove the seat first, which many find inconvenient.
This jogger may not suit everyone’s lifestyle because of its bulky design and challenging maneuverability, but if you don’t live in a crowded neighborhood or already have a different Bugaboo model; it could work well for you.
- Easy to push and steer
- Well designed brakes that are quick to engage
- Adjustable handlebar
- Can be used with existing Bugaboo seat
- Includes convenient features like a rain cover, mudguards, and air pump
- Low weight limit
- The bulky frame makes it difficult to maneuver
- Doesn’t have a peek-a-boo panel on the canopy
- Not compatible with infant car seat
4. Summer 3Dflip Convenience Stroller: Reversible umbrella stroller
Dimensions: 31 x 26 x 40 inches
Weight: 13.2 pounds
Weight limit: 5-50pounds
The Summer 3D Flip is the best umbrella stroller with a reversible seat. At just 13 pounds, this stroller is pretty easy to lift in and out of your car or carry up or down the stairs. Moreover, it has a carrying strap so you can carry it over your shoulder with ease.
It’s a very flexible umbrella stroller with both forward and rear-facing seating modes, adapting to the needs of your growing child. In addition, the seat reclines in three positions for both front and rear-facing positions.
With a lightweight frame and compact design, this stroller is effortless to push and maneuver. Plus, the wheels can be locked if you are moving on uneven ground, so it doesn’t roll away accidentally, which is a good safety measure.
It has a tall handlebar, a large extendable canopy with a peek-a-boo window for a quick glance at your baby, parent cup holders, and a small storage basket at the bottom.
- Easy to carry around
- Easy to push on one hand
- Decent canopy with mesh window
- Comfy seat with six different recline positions in forward and rear-facing modes
- It does not accept a car seat, though this common with most umbrella strollers
- Handlebars are high, not suitable for short parents
Ergobaby 180 Reversible Stroller is perfect for keeping baby comfortable on the go. The reversible seat lets baby face you or the world, and the adjustable handlebar ensures a perfect fit for parents of all heights. Plus, the stroller is lightweight and folds easily with one hand, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
The large storage basket can fit all your essentials, and the huge sun canopy keeps baby shaded from the sun. The mesh sidewalls provide ventilation on hot days, and the reclining seat allows for a nap on the go.
Reversible Strollers Buying and User Guide
What are reversible strollers and their advantages
Reversible strollers are adjustable strollers to allow the child to face forward or backward towards the parent. Some strollers are designed with a reversible seat, and others have a reversible handlebar.
Reversible strollers are simply convenient for parents on the go. If, for example, the sun is shining directly on your child’s face or the wind is coming directly at her, you can easily switch the direction your baby is facing so the sun and wind aren’t bothering them anymore.
Second, if you are in line at the store with your child facing forward and they start to cry, you can simply turn her around, give her a smile and a stroke on the cheek and calm her down. They are very convenient for tight places where you aren’t able to turn the stroller around to attend to your child.
Third, reversible strollers allow face-to-face interactions with your baby which promotes bonding. These strollers give you more opportunities to bond with your child as you run your errands during the day. And you can still flip the seat for your child to face forward to get different views.
Fourth, reversible strollers indirectly promote speech and language development in babies and toddlers because the child is able to read your face.
A reversible stroller comes in handy in so many situations whether your baby needs a blanket, pacifier, or just a smile from mom or dad; it is an easy way to ensure your child is comfortable and that you have options when out with your baby.
How to pick the best reversible strollers
When choosing the best reversible strollers, consider these important factors:
Size and weight: strollers vary a lot in terms of size and weight, so make sure the one you choose isn’t too heavy for you to carry and that when folded or broken down, it will fit in your desired storage space. Also, if you plan on traveling a lot, it’s key to choose a lightweight stroller with a compact fold, and even better if you can fold on one hand.
Compatibility: most strollers require you to use a newborn bassinet or car seat to carry an infant less than six months. Some strollers are compatible with car seats from different brands, while others only accept seats from their own brand. So check to see if the stroller is compatible with the car seat you already have or planning to buy.
Convertibility: Some strollers are convertible, allowing them to accommodate one, two, or three children. Such strollers would make a valuable option if planning on expanding your family in a few years.
Adjustable handlebar: A stroller with an adjustable handlebar is a great choice because it allows users of different heights to push comfortably. Your spouse and other family members will most likely take your baby on a stroll, so get one with an adjustable handlebar.
Safety: Your child’s safety is the topmost priority when considering a stroller. The AAP recommends strollers with a five-point safety harness and seatbelt, easy-to-operate brake systems, a wide sturdy base, and parents adhering to the weight limits.
Reversible Handles in Strollers
Some strollers have reversible handles that flip forward to change the stroller from front-facing to rear-facing or vice versa without disturbing the baby. Reversible handles are much easier and convenient because they do not involve taking the baby out of the stroller and readjusting the seat, as is the case with reversible seats. Once you flip the handle forward, you just go around to the opposite side and push the stroller changing the direction your child is facing, like in the pictures below.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Hi there! I am Kate, a mother of two and a child mobility expert here at Motherhoodhq.com. I am very passionate about creating awareness and educating parents about strollers and car seat safety. I write a lot about car seats and pay close attention to the safety ratings of different brands from NHTSA and CR. I also write about the changing car seat safety laws in different states and occasionally work as a consultant to parents looking to get some help when deciding on the best car seat, travel system, and stroller to pick. I also blog on different blogs and have been recognized as a baby mobility expert. If you have any questions, you can reach me using; email@example.com.
Graco Modes Click Connect Stroller, Grayson
- Accepts all Graco infant car seats (sold separately) with a secure one-step attachment to create your own travel system
- 3 Strollers in 1 with 10 riding options from infant to toddler: 1. Infant Car Seat Carrier 2. Infant Stroller 3. Toddler Stroller
- Reversible stroller seat allows baby to face you or the world and the 4 position reclining seat converts into an infant carriage for on-the-go comfort
- Forward-facing toddler seat includes 3-position leg rest that adjusts for your growing child
- Toddler seat includes a removable child's tray and armrests to allow your toddler to easily get in and out of the stroller