One of the most fun toddler activities involves a water table and in this post, I have reviewed the best water tables for toddlers and kids in the market today. While comparing all the available water tables available in the market we came to conclude that those made of plastic are more lightweight and are very portable compared to those made of wood.
After a keen comparison of our top choices, Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table is our overall best water table for toddlers you can get for your kid today.
Why get a water table or sand table?
Nothing sounds more fun to a kid than splish-splashing water or feeling and building things with their tiny hands. That’s why instead of constantly looking out after them to prevent them from making a mess, you can get them a sand or water table or a multipurpose one that combines both features for double fun. Then you can get back to reading your magazines, chatting with friends, or getting busy with whatever else you like doing while they are blasting in fun and safety for hours.
The other reason you need a sand and water table is that it inspires activities that promote creativity, fine motor skills, social skills, and better communication. Plus, most of these tables can be used both indoors and outdoors, which means every day is a fun day regardless of the weather.
If you are sold out already, you can start by exploring the best tables in the market from our list below.
Reviews of The Best Water Tables for Toddlers and Kids 2022
3 used from $72.01
Step2 Rain Shower is the most popular water table among parents. It comes complete with all the accessories necessary to turn this table into a mini water park to give lots of fun to kids above 18 months.
It features two tiers: a waterfall tray and a water pond below. Kids can pour water on the waterfall tray and watch as the “rain” falls down into the pond below. It comes with a 13-piece accessory kit including a large bucket, toy frog, duck, fish, and more to give the kids a chance to explore their creativity.
- Made from sturdy and durable plastic material
- Includes many accessories for different play ideas
- It is spacious enough to allow multiple kids to play together
- Easy and fast assembly
- It has a no leak drainage plug
- The water runs out the upper part so fast; it needs continuous refilling
- The pieces are easy to get misplaced or lost
- The upper deck is only reachable by kids who are at least 34 inches tall
$98.98 in stock
This is one fantastic table! It has sand on one side and water on the other side, and a car track separating both worlds. It also includes accessories such as boats, shovels, and bridges. This setup is great for encouraging spontaneous activities and creativity, making it a great toy for kids that easily get bored of playing with one thing over and over. It holds up to 10 pounds of sand and 3 gallons of water, allowing your kids to build sand castles, sail their boats, find buried treasures, etc. For extra playing space, the lid features extensive molded roadways that kids will love tracking their cars.
As a parent, you will love that it has two drain plugs on either end to hold the sand and water and drain water when you need to clean. Plus, a handy umbrella will provide the kids with shade as they play in sweltering heat in summer.
- Well-made and sturdy
- Great set for creating land and sea sceneries
- Includes are no-leak drains on both sand and water sections to prevent leaking and facilitate draining when needed
- It comes with a lid to cover the whole play area with elastic bands to hold it down and doubles up as an extra playing surface
- Easy to set up
- The umbrella is a bit flimsy
Step2 patio is a table like no other. It’s designed more like a playhouse, complete with real double doors that open and close, three working counters, and a roof. If you want a realistic-looking table that complements your backyard, this is a perfect choice.
One side is a kitchen area where kids can pretend to prepare meals and lemonade. The second side features a sand and water table. And the third area is a molded-in sink for kids to “clean” the dishes. It also comes with lots of accessories that will make this table feel like a real playhouse.
The table is suitable for kids aged two years and above. It is also important to point out that it is wheelchair accessible, allowing kids with disabilities to have a great time.
- Realistic and attractive design
- Includes a stylish and sturdy canopy to protect the kids from the scorching sun
- Comes with a snack table at no extra cost
- Set includes tons of accessories for sand play, splish-splash, and kitchen play
- Comes with a mesh storage bag to prevent all the pieces from getting lost
- Wish the sink area had a plug just like the sand and water section to make cleaning easier.
If you are a family with several toddlers, this table is all you need to give them hours of non-stop fun. It is really big and even six kids can play together at the same time. It has both a water and sand side. The waterside features a series of roadways, bridges, and boats, while the sand side has a shovel and buckets. There is also a wide umbrella to keep the playing environment cool under the hot summer weather.
The table comes with a large lid that covers the whole table, and the elastic tethers ensure it’s secure enough to prevent unwanted materials, bugs, and pets from getting in the play table. The table is suitable for kids aged from 2 to 8 years.
- High quality and durable construction
- Easy and fast assembly
- The water side has a no-leak plug
- The umbrella is large and of good quality
- The lid is sturdy and effective in keeping water and bugs out
- Spacious enough for many kids to play at once
- The water side is really small compared to the sand side due to the molded-in road
$47.19 in stock
2 used from $28.46
The Little Tikes waterpark features a unique design; a circular table pod with large plastic legs for support and a tall tower in the middle. It also comes with five floating character balls and a cup.
Kids can drop balls from the top and enjoy watching as they spiral down into the water basin at the bottom. For some fun water action they can fill the tunnel with water to make the Ferris wheel move all on its own! And that’s not all; the characters also fit in the wheel and it’s real fun to watch them get span.
This is a great water pod and will keep your kids engaged for hours as they improve their fine motor skills, creativity, communication, and learn to share. It is suitable for kids aged 2 to 6 years.
- It’s small but sturdy
- Easy to assemble
- It has lots of interactive moving parts to keep toddlers engaged and entertained
- It comes with a no-leak plug
- The balls absorb water and develop mildew
- It’s not the easiest to clean because the bottom part doesn’t drain completely and it traps debris.
Mary Stephens is our infant development and baby fun activities specialist here at MotherhoodHQ. She has over 10 years of experience dealing with kids, previously as a K3 teacher and now as a K9-12 teacher specializing in physical education and Social Studies. She is certified to teach in New York and Massachusetts and when not teaching trampoline jump tricks or giving toddler safety guides, she enjoys writing and providing helpful guides to parents on baby fun activities from infancy to toddlerhood. Mary is also an independent consultant providing parents with fun activities at home and appropriate toys and baby gear for infants and toddler development. She can be reached at her email, mary.s(at)motherhoodhq.com.