This post is a review of two GoodBaby baby monitors with a camera, audio, pan, and tilt features. It is part of our top-rated baby monitors that do not rely on WiFi with others including Vava, Eufy, and Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro.
GoodBaby, the company that manufactures and retails the GoodBaby baby monitor brand was founded in 2017. It prides itself on super affordable baby products – although they only deal with baby monitors at the moment.
It has released two baby monitor brands, one with a 2.4-inch screen and another with a 3.5-inch LCD screen. The first GoodBaby baby monitor was released on 28th October 2019, four weeks to 2019 Black Friday. Less than a year later, GoodBaby baby monitor is in the top 10 best-selling baby monitors on Amazon with a very high rating of 4.7/5 by over 2,000 parents who have reviewed this non-wifi baby monitor.
This brand is challenging some of our cheap non-wifi baby monitors such as Anmeate, Hellobaby, and Babysense. In fact, it has additional features that some of the traditional non-connected monitors do not have such as lullabies, automatic night vision, and 360-degrees pan.
Here are all the features:
- 2.4 inch LCD screen and connected to the baby camera via enhanced 2.4GHz wireless technology
- Infrared night Vision
- Temperature sensors in the camera
- Two Way Talk
- Long Range connectivity of up to 1000 ft.
- VOX Wake-up Mode(ECO Mode)
- Feeding Alarm Reminding
- 360-degree free rotation
- A Very portable parent unit that weighs less than one pound: The small monitor can easily fit in the phone allowing you to easily move around the house without trying to get a stand or to position your monitor in several positions in the house. The receiver also has a kickstand/support enabling you to easily position it on a flat surface such as a table and
- Battery life: 12 hours in power-saving mode, 8 hours with the display screen constantly on
- Parents have rated this monitor very highly for reasons specific to this monitor: it’s weight, cost, and night vision quality. GOODBABY’s receiver is very light, lighter than your phone perhaps. Unless you carry those 1990s phones that weighed over 3 pounds.
Goodbaby baby monitor is also super cheap, selling for less than $50, almost a third of the best-selling brands such as Eufy, Infant Optics DXR 8 and Vava baby monitors. In addition, it supports up to 4 cameras. It comes with one camera but an additional camera wouldn’t cost you more than $30.
The third reason I was drawn to this monitor is that its night vision mode is excellent.
- Very cheap, among the most inexpensive baby monitors available in the market
- Great night vision
- Hack-proof as it uses 2.4 GHz FHSS technology.
- Despite the monitor being cheap, it has a feeding alarm and a temperature sensor
- It has a long battery life
- Decent range of up to 1000 ft.
- Small screen size
GoodBaby Baby Monitor with 3.5-inch Screen
Six months after the release of the 2.4-inch model of GoodBaby baby monitor, GoodBaby released the second model with a larger screen measuring 3.5 inches. This new model is a little more expensive compared to the earlier model but is packed with great features. More than 340 parents have reviewed this product so far and have rated it 4.9/5, among the highest of all the products we’ve reviewed here at 10BabyGear.
It is currently the 9th best-selling baby monitor on Amazon as shown in the snapshot below:
- 3.5-inch LCD display, similar to Infant Optics DXR 8, the overall best-selling non-wifi video baby monitor
- Two-way talk and sensors to monitor temperature in your baby’s room
- It has lullabies
- Remote pan up to 355 degrees, from corner-to-corner of the baby’s room
- 90 degrees tilt enabling you to view the baby’s room from the floor to the ceiling.
- High capacity battery that can last for up 12 hours on Eco mode
- Decent range of 960ft.
- Clear real-time video and audio
- Invisible infrared lights for night vision viewing
Similarities of 2.4-inch and 3.5-inch GoodBaby Baby Monitors
- Monitoring the temperature of the nursery at any time to facilitate your baby’s comfort and your peace of mind.
- Note: the baby monitors warn you when the temperature of the baby’s room is below 8 degrees or above 32 degrees
- Use the 2.4 GHz FHSS Technology that enhances the signal strength, transmission speed, and low radiation, which improves your baby’s and your security
- The baby monitors have a VOX Mode, a feature that allows you to control the sound activation, such as reminding you to check on the baby.
- They have automatically Infrared night vision that gives you a clear image of your baby in the dark. The Infrared light also allows you to record live videos of your baby when in darkness.
- They have Sound Activated LED Indicator and Two-way Tals, which enables you to talk back to your baby through the intercom push-to-talk button. Also, the features will allow you to hear your child’s voice clearly wherever you are in the house
- The baby video monitors have eight lullabies, which allows you to keep entertaining your baby for a lobe time. As such, it becomes easier for you to put the baby asleep.
- The monitors have a pan and tilt feature of 120 degrees and 360 degrees, respectively, which makes it easy for you to monitor your baby wherever he or she is in the house.
- The baby monitors are expandable to 4 cameras on a single digital video camera, which gives you more room to watch your little one.
Differences between 3.5-inch and 2.4-inch GoodBaby Video Monitors
GoodBaby Baby Monitor with Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera
|The GoodBaby Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio||GoodBaby Baby Monitor with Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera|
|Has a 2.4” LCD screen||Has a large screen of 3.5.”|
|Has a long-distance transmission of up to 1000ft||Has a long-distance transmission of up to 960ft|
|Has a 360-degree rotation that enables you to watch your child from any angle||Provide a 355-degree rotation that allows you to monitor the baby from every corner of the room|
|Has a pan-tilt feature of up to 120 degrees||It has a tilt feature of up to 90 degrees that enables you to see from the floor to the ceiling of the baby’s room.|
|Check Price||Check Price|
- The Goodbaby monitors use a 2.4GHZ Wireless Digital Transmission that provides you with high definition and stable streaming
- The monitors offer long-distance transmissions which allow you to watch your child even when in the kitchen
- The baby monitors’ Infrared Night Visions enables you to keep an eye on you little one even in darkness
- The monitors have long-life batteries, which will allow you to monitor your baby continuously
- The baby monitors provide whole room coverage, which will enable you to monitor the safety of the baby throughout the room
- The baby monitors warn of you low and high baby temperatures, which helps you to regulate the kid’s room temperature
- The monitors come with a one year warranty with 100% money-back guarantee
- You need to buy a new baby monitor when the battery dysfunctions as it is inbuilt.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Hi there! I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhoodhq.com. I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.