Asking yourself or looking to find how much does a baby cost per month on average? You’ll be surprised. We have all the details in this post.
How Much Does A Baby Cost Per Month on Average?
According to a 2015 survey on US Families, middle-income households that earn $59,200 to 107,400, the average cost of raising the first baby is $12,680 to $17,500 annually, which translates to about $1500 monthly. For families raising more than one kid, the standard cost reduces to $ 841.60 to $ 900.30 per month
According to the US Department of Agriculture estimates, an average baby would cost up to $252,882.90 to raise until your baby reaches 18 years. That’s before the baby goes off to college. Since 1960, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has provided estimates of annual expenditures on children from birth through age 17.
- For a standard household with two kids, the cost of raising a baby annually $10,099.70 to $10,803.35 when adjusted for inflation. These base figures are from 2015 and adjusted for inflation to get the equivalent in 2019
- This translates to about $ 841.60 to $ 900.30 per month to raise a baby.
- By the time the baby is celebrating the 18th birthday, you’d have spent at least $252,882.92
More resources on the cost of raising babies in the US in 2021/2022:
- Payment of maternity and paying for newborn,
- 70+ Baby Freebies
- Average weekly childcare costs
- Budgeting for baby
Sandra W. Bullock is a grand-mom to two boys and is part of the review board here at Motherhood HQ. She is responsible for the quality control of content and is among our most experienced moms. She has over 20 years of writing parenting content online focussing on baby safety indoors and outdoors. She has written widely on babyproofing nurseries and homes for infants and toddlers and published work on privacy and the safety of baby monitors. She is a renowned advocate for non-wifi baby monitors that cannot be hacked and spends a lot of time educating parents on how to secure their homes – including ways to secure the baby from harm in and around homes. Sandra is a native of Atlanta where she also works. She can be reached using her email, Sandra.w(at)motherhoodhq.com