Do you have a 4Moms Mamaroo swing and wondering how you can connect it to Bluetooth? I’ve been there and when I first tried connecting or pairing it, I thought it was my phone that had a problem but later realized that I knew very little about connecting Bluetooth in order to utilize the feature on devices such as baby swings.
4 out of 6 4Moms Mamaroo multi-motion baby swings are Bluetooth-enabled and in this article, I’ll describe in detail how you can connect your Mamaroo brand to Bluetooth.
Which Devices are compatible to connect Bluetooth with mamaRoo
The Bluetooth capabilities in the 4Moms Mamaroo baby swing allow you to control various settings on the 4moms Mamaroo through your compatible smart devices. 4moms app is compatible with Apple devices that are newer than the iPhone 4s and running iOS 9 or newer as well as most Android devices that support Bluetooth Low Energy and are running Android 4.3 or newer.
Why Connect to Bluetooth in 4Moms Mamaroo:
Bluetooth is a very convenient feature in your mamaRoo swing as you can make changes to the speed, motion, and volume without having to get up and adjust the physical controls on the baby swing.
On the mamaRoo app, you can use the Bluetooth to;
- Control speed: mamaRoo has 5-speed setting and you can control the speed of the Mamaroo swing in increments of 1; starting with the baby’s comfort setting or 3.5 km/h (2.2 m/sup>/sec) and going up to 6.0 km/h (3.7 m/sup>/sec).
- Volume: You can adjust the volume on the mamaRoo app when you are connected to mamaRoo via the 4moms app.
- Motion: There are 5 motion settings and you can change them on the mamaRoo app. You can choose from; 1) Car ride or 2) Airplane mode, 3) Ocean waves 4) Mama’s womb or 5)Kangaroo bounce
Depending on your model, the 4Moms Mamaroo Bluetooth connection may also allow you to track the usage of the device and receive alerts when it needs to be turned off or when your baby has been using it for too long.
How to Connect 4moms Mamaroo Bluetooth:
The process of connecting 4Moms mamaRoo to Bluetooth is similar in both Android and Apple devices. If you have an iPhone or Apple devices, you can download the app here and if you have an Android device, you can download the mamaRoo app here. As of this posting in May 2022, the 4moms app has been installed by over 100,000 parents.
Below are the steps to connect 4moms Mamaroo to Bluetooth;
- Download the free 4Moms Mamaroo app onto your phone or tablet.
- Create an account on the 4Moms Mamaroo app and sign in. If you already have an account, leave the ‘create account’ tab and click on the ‘Already have an account’ button.
- When you sign in, select mamaRoo from the list of products as this is the one you want to connect to Bluetooth.
- On the three options (“Connect, learn and shop”) that you are given when you sign in, choose the ‘connect’ option
- Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on
- When it finds it, you’ll see the mamaRoo icon lighting up and it will bring a promt asking you to click on the musical note button on the mamaRoo swing.
- On the mamaRoo control panel press the musical note icon and hold it for 5 seconds and it should connect to your phone. You’ll know when it connects as the Bluetooth signal will be full and you’ll get menu options of what you can do with Bluetooth-connected mamaRoo.
- Once connected, you can adjust movements and save settings to your account.
Video Explanation of how to connect 4moms Bluetooth
mamaRoo Bluetooth not connecting: How to fix:
If your mamaRoo is not connecting to Bluetooth, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem;
- Check that your mamaRoo’s power cord is plugged into an outlet and the product is turned on
- Turn off your phone’s Bluetooth and turn it back on again
- Make sure your phone or tablet is within range of the mamaRoo
- Close other apps that are using Bluetooth as this can interfere with your mamaRoo connection
- If that didn’t help, try resetting your 4Moms Mamaroo and then repeat the steps above to see if it connects. If you have an older model, you may need to replace the batteries in your mamaRoo.
Can I play music using Bluetooth on mamaRoo?
No, Mamaroo does not stream via Bluetooth. I found this to be very disappointing. If 4moms went the length to add the Bluetooth feature, why not give it the ability to stream music using Bluetooth. Therefore, you CANNOT play music on mamaRoo from your phone using Bluetooth.
To play music on an external device, you’ll have to connect your mp3 player or phone to the mamaRoo using the AUX cord that comes with the product. The mamaRoo’s Bluetooth feature only helps you control the motion, sound, speed and volume from your compatible smart device without disturbing your baby!
How to reset mamaRoo Bluetooth:
To reset the Bluetooth on your mamaRoo, disconnect the Bluetooth by switching off the Bluetooth mode on your device and you’ll see the Bluetooth bars on the mamaRoo screen getting removed.
Once the bars are gone, you’ve managed to reset it. To connect again, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the mamaRoo for about 5 seconds until it lights up again. Then try reconnecting to mamaRoo using your device’s Bluetooth settings. If this does not work, you may need to reset your 4Moms Mamaroo by unplugging and disconnecting the power.
mamaRoo models that connect to Bluetooth;
As mentioned above, not all mamaRoo’s models connect to Bluetooth. Below are the 4 that connect;
- 4moms cool mesh mamaRoo 4
- 4moms classic grey mamaRoo 4
- 4moms classic black mamaRoo 4
- 4moms multi plush mamaRoo 4
Like many parents, I was unhappy with the fact that mamaRoo’s Bluetooth feature doesn’t allow you to play music but if you still want to connect mamaRoo Bluetooth, I hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, feel free to check out these other Bluetooth-enabled baby swings I reviewed.
Other related articles you can also check out;
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhood HQ (formerly 10BabyGear). I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.