If you own a brand of Hellobaby monitor and you’re struggling to get the parent unit connected to the baby unit, this guide provides detailed troubleshooting steps you can try to restore the connection and get the two units paired again.
What is Hellobaby Pairing?
Hellobaby monitors use a wireless connection between the parent unit and baby unit. This is known as pairing, or connecting, and allows you to monitor your baby from the parent unit.
If for any reason the two units are not communicating with each other properly, you may need to perform some troubleshooting steps in order to restore the connection. The company behind Hellobaby brands claims that the monitor and the camera can stay connected for 900 to 1000 ft of straight path with no obstruction but may be much less if there are obstructions and other signal interruptions such as electronic devices in your home.
Why Pair Hellobaby?
The whole essence of having a baby monitor is to be able to have images of your baby displayed on the parents’ unit or app. The connection between the baby unit and the display is very important in achieving this goal.
For non-wifi monitors of Hellobaby, you’ll need to rely on Frequency-hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) transmission which is the repeated switching of the carrier frequency during radio transmission to reduce interference and avoid interception.
FHSS does not excessively utilize bandwidth and instead relies on the local area network formed by connecting the camera unit and display unit. Visual and audio signals can only be transferred over the established network once this connection is established.
If the two units of the monitor are not connected or paired, the screen will remain blank, preventing you from viewing any transmitted videos or audio.
Note that this guide may not be helpful if you’ve got your Hellobaby monitor damaged by;
- Spilling liquid in it
- Dropping it so internal units may have broken
- Leaving the unit exposed to rain
Caution before pairing Hellobaby Monitor:
Before connecting the camera and display unit of Hellobaby, please ensure that there are no large metal objects like refrigerators, mirrors, filing cabinets, metallic doors, or reinforced concrete between the baby and parent unit. These objects can potentially block the radio signal.
Additionally, signal strength may be reduced by solid structures such as walls, or by radio or electrical equipment like TVs, computers, cordless or mobile phones, fluorescent lights, or dimmer switches. Interference can also be caused by other 2.4GHz products like wireless networks (Wi-Fi routers), Bluetooth systems, or microwave ovens. To minimize interference, keep the baby monitor at least 5ft (1.5m) away from these types of products or turn them off if they are causing interference.
How to Pair Hellobaby Monitor: 4 Steps;
To start, please turn on the camera unit. Make sure to use only the provided A/C adapter included in this package (5V, 1A). Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect the power adaptor to the camera unit:
- Insert the plug of the Camera Unit power adaptor into the DC socket located at the back of the Camera unit.
- Insert the other end of the power adaptor into a suitable electrical outlet.
- Once the adapter is connected, the power LED will illuminate.
By following these instructions, you will successfully power on the camera unit.
To successfully connect Hellobaby, follow these steps:
- Turn on the parent unit using the provided A/C adapter (6V, 600mA).
- The parent unit comes with a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery (3.7V 950mAh). Charge the battery in the Parent Unit for at least 12 hours before the first use or when the battery is low, as indicated by the Parent Unit.
- Insert the round plug of the Parent Unit’s power adaptor (Output 6V 600mA) into the DC port.
Ensure a seamless connection by following these instructions carefully.
Step 3: Add a Camera
- Press the MENU key to display the menu;
- Use the ◀ or ▶ key to highlight the camera icon, then use the ▲ or ▼ key to select your desired camera;
- Press OK to enter the sub-menu;
- Use the ▲ or ▼ key to select ADD CAM, then press OK;
- When ‘loading icon’ appears on the LCD screen, first unplug the camera power plug, then simultaneously press and hold the PAIR button on the camera unit and re-plug the power plug until the camera’s power indicator flashes;
- Once paired, ” appears” on the LCD screen;
- If the pairing fails, repeat the above steps.
Step 4: Pair the Parent and Camera Unit:
To connect the newly added camera to the parent unit, follow these steps. After setting up your network, proceed to pair the Hello Baby Monitor with the parent unit. Make sure both devices are turned on and placed in close proximity. Press and hold the power button on the baby unit for a few seconds until you hear a beep sound.
To begin, press and hold the pairing button on the parent unit until you hear a beep. This will initiate the automatic pairing of the devices, allowing you to seamlessly proceed to the next step.
If you need to repair your camera unit with the parent unit, you need to hit the Ok button as explained in this YouTube video. You’ll see the menu and you’ll need to scroll to the camera option colored yellow. Use the arrow buttons to move toggle different options in the screen. You’ll see the add camera option and hit Ok. You should then hit the pair button at the back of the camera.
To pair the HB6559 monitor and baby cam, follow these steps:
- Open the monitor menu and navigate to the camera option.
- Choose one of the cameras numbered 1-4.
- Simultaneously press the pair button on the back of the selected camera.
- The monitor and camera should establish a connection, and all lights and settings will sync automatically.
Please note that sometimes the parent monitor may appear slower than the camera, but this is due to the relay speed and not being connected to Wi-Fi.
How do I pair my HelloBaby monitor:
All Hellobaby monitor brands, including HB24, HB32, Hb50, and HB65, are equipped with user-friendly instructions for easy pairing. Read my review of HB65 here.
The monitor’s design facilitates effortless connection between the parent and camera units. To pair the monitor, simply hold the pair key located at the back of the camera near the base of the antennae for a few seconds after powering on both the camera and the display unit.
When both units are paired, you’ll hear a beeping sound – an indication that you should now be able to see images of your baby on the display unit.
Why won’t Hellobaby not pair? 5 possible reasons:
- Battery and Power Issues: Make sure that both the parent unit and camera have been properly powered on. Check the battery status of each unit and ensure that it is sufficiently charged before attempting to pair them.
- Out of Range: Place both units in close proximity to one another when trying to initiate pairing mode, as they must be within a certain range to3. Interference: If you are having trouble pairing your monitor, it might be due to other electronics interfering with the signal. Make sure there are no large electronic appliances placed near either unit as this can disrupt the connection.
- Defective Unit: If you are still experiencing difficulty connecting the two units, then it is possible that one of them is defective and needs to be replaced.
- Firmware or Software Updates: Often, when you buy a new monitor, there might be software updates needed in order for them to interact with each other properly. Check if your model requires any firmware or software updates and install them accordingly to ensure compatibility between the two units.
- Signal Strength: Make sure that the signal strength of both units is strong and not too weak. If the signal is too weak then they won’t be able to pair properly with each other. Try moving both devices further away from any obstructing objects or walls that may be interfering with their ability to connect.
7 Steps to fix Pairing issues with Hellobaby Monitor:
- Check and make sure the monitor has been properly powered on and that both units are in close proximity to each other.
- Make sure that there are no large electronic appliances placed near either unit as this can disrupt the connection.
- If one of the units is defective, replace it with a new unit before attempting to pair them again.
- 4. Check to see if any firmware or software updates are needed for the devices to be compatible with each other.
- Ensure that both units have strong signal strength and are not too close to objects or walls that might interfere with their connection.
- Reset both units by turning them off and then back on again before attempting to pair them one more time.
- If all the steps above still do not work, try contacting the customer support team to see if they can help you resolve the problem. On its Amazon listing, the company Hellobaby has listed this email for all support issues; firstname.lastname@example.org but hellobaby.us domain doesn’t seem to be working. I think they may have changed their domain and recommend using this website – https://www.hellobaby-monitor.com/. This is their contact page that you can use to submit your support querries. In case you want to use email, use this;email@example.com
When your Hellobaby audio is not pairing:
If your Hellobaby is not pairing audio and you can only see video signals, possibly with a lag, here are some recommendations to try:
First, ensure that there is sound within the camera microphone’s coverage range.
Second, if the unit emits a loud high-pitched noise (feedback), try moving the camera or monitor further apart.
These steps should help improve the audio-visual synchronization and overall performance of your Hellobaby device.
How to Pair Hellobaby Second Camera:
To add an additional camera to your Hellobaby monitor, follow these steps:
- Press the MENU key to bring up the menu.
- Use the ◀ or ▶ key to highlight the camera icon, then use the ▲ or ▼ key to select your desired camera.
- Press the OK key to enter the sub-menu.
- Use the ▲ or ▼ key to select ADD CAM, then press the OK key.
- While the camera icon appears on the LCD screen, unplug the camera power plug, then simultaneously press and hold the PAIR button on the camera unit while reconnecting the power plug until the camera’s power indicator flashes.
- Once paired, the message ” appears” will be displayed on the LCD screen.
- If the pairing fails, repeat the above steps.
These instructions will help you successfully add an additional camera to your Hellobaby monitor.
How to Delete a Camera
Remember most units of Hellobaby monitor brands including the latest HB6550 can support up to 4 cameras but at times, you may want to delete a camera. Below are the instructions on how to delete the camera as per Hellobaby’s manual;
- Press the MENU key to display the menu options.
- Use the ◀ or ▶ keys to navigate and highlight the camera icon, then use the ▲ or ▼ keys to select your desired camera.
- Press the OK key to access the sub-menu.
- Use the ▲ or ▼ keys to choose the DEL CAM option, then press OK.
- Use the ▼ key to select the camera you want to delete.
- Press OK to confirm your selection.
You can read the entire instructions here
How to Reset Hellobaby:
The 6th recommended step to pair Hellobaby is to reset it. To resetHellobaby follow these steps:
- Turn the monitor off by pressing the power button for about 6 seconds or until it goes off completely.
- Unplug the monitor from the power source and wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Press and hold the reset button on the monitor (usually located on the back or side) for at least 10 seconds.
- Once the monitor is reset, turn it back on and try pairing with your other device again.
If you’re still having issues with connecting, make sure that both units are not too far away from each other (less than 30 feet). If they are further away than this, it may be necessary to move them closer together in order for the connection to be successful. Additionally, if you’re not sure what type of connection your device is using (example: Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), try connecting via both methods. This should help you identify which one works best.
With any electronic device, it’s important to keep the firmware up to date. Outdated firmware can cause connection issues and slow down your device, so make sure you’re regularly checking for updates.
Finally, if you’re having any other general problems with your baby monitor or pairing devices, try turning off all other nearby electronic devices that may be causing interference. This could help resolve many of the connectivity issues you may be experiencing.
If all else fails, contact Hellobaby customer service or the technical support team to see if they can help you resolve the problem. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be happy to assist you in troubleshooting your device and getting it up and running again quickly. We hope this guide has provided a helpful overview of why your Hellobaby baby monitor won’t connect and how to fix it. Good luck!
Don’t forget that if you need additional help, there are many helpful tutorials on the Hellobaby website that can walk you through the steps above in more detail. We wish you all the best of luck in setting up your baby monitor!
What this troubleshooting guide tells you about Hellobaby:
Like other non-wifi monitors that rely on local networks, Hellobaby baby monitors may encounter connection issues due to a variety of factors. These can range from interference caused by other nearby devices, outdated firmware, or even the distance and orientation between the two monitoring devices. Fortunately, Hellobaby offers helpful customer service and technical support staff who are available to assist you in troubleshooting any device-related problems you may have. Making sure that you are regularly updating your device’s firmware is also important in making sure that it can continue to operate efficiently.
The Hellobaby website also offers many helpful tutorials and step-by-step guides to help walk you through the setup process or any other troubleshooting issues you may encounter. So, if your baby monitor isn’t connecting or pairing properly, make sure to take a look at the available resources to help you get back up and running quickly. I have shared the manuals in the reference section below.
If you want to read more about how Hellobaby stacks up against other non-wifi monitors, read this detailed comparison.
- Hellobaby HB65 Manual
- Troubleshooting the Hello Baby Monitor by Juliana Loewen
- First time Pairing Hellobaby Video by Avery
- Hellobaby User Manual
- Hellobaby Guide
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Sandra W. Bullock is a grand-mom to two boys and is part of the review board here at Motherhoodhq.com. She is responsible for the quality control of content and is among our most experienced moms. She has over 20 years of writing parenting content online focussing on baby safety indoors and outdoors. She has written widely on babyproofing nurseries and homes for infants and toddlers and published work on privacy and the safety of baby monitors. She is a renowned advocate for non-wifi baby monitors that cannot be hacked and spends a lot of time educating parents on how to secure their homes – including ways to secure the baby from harm in and around homes. Sandra is a native of Atlanta where she also works. She can be reached using her email, Sandra.w(at)motherhoodhq.com