Wondering whether Samxic Baby Monitor with a large 5-inch screen is worth it? In this post, I review Samxic giving you details of what makes this non-wifi baby monitor a favorite for parents looking for high-resolution images and videos and 2-way communication.
Samxic Baby Monitor comes with a 5 inch dedicated screen, which is a good thing since parents can have real-time monitoring, and it does not need an app or take up space in your smartphone. With a 720p high definition camera, it gives very clear picture quality than most other digital monitors. It also has zoom, pan, and tilt features to enable you to get the perfect view of your baby and her surroundings. Additionally, a two-way function lets you talk or soothe your baby.
The monitor has infrared lights allowing you to see your baby at night, and it also tracks the temperatures in your baby’s room. It alerts you when it senses noise and when temperatures go outside the acceptable range. This way, you can relax knowing your child is okay.
It is one of the few monitors in the market with a long lasting battery of 3000mAH. This means you can disconnect your receiver device from charge and take it with you without the fear that it will die on you after a few hours. Better still, it has a VOX feature to help you monitor your baby with audio only. This is a great feature for night time monitoring, and it also helps save the battery.
The monitor delivers signal transmission over a range of 1000ft in open space and 460ft with interference. So you will easily receive signals across your home and up and down your stairs, and most people who have used this monitor have many praises that they do not experience issues with interference or loss of signal. It is also a great choice if you have security concerns as your child’s data will be encrypted during transmission and not likely to get hacked.
Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio Samxic 720P 5" Inches Display, Crying & Temperature Alert, Two-Way Talk, No Glow Night Vision, Remote Pan & Tilt & Zoom, High Privacy Baby Monitor System
- 【HD Real-time Image】 Built-in HD Conversion Chip, 1280*1080 screen resolution, 1 million pixels and 5 inch 720P handheld display enables to see all the delicate movements of your little one clearly with full color by day and greyscale infrared images at night.
- 【Instant Audio Alerts】 Built-in Vox Mode, can adjust the sound control detection level according to the user's habits, in addition, sound alarm device to get timely feedback when the child is crying.
- 【Long-Lasting Battery】 Built-in NTC Temperature Sensor, High & Low temperature will automatically stop charging , 3000mAh rechargeable battery lasts for 7-8hrs in display mode, 24hrs in ECO energy saving mode for full-day monitoring of your baby.
- 【Safe & Stable Connection】 Built-in FHSS FM Technology with Digital encryption technology enables protect privacy from being leaked, 2.4Ghz tech to support stable and smooth video signal transmission, covering 480ft - 900ft range.
- 【Enhanced Night Vision】 Built-in the Industry's Top Algorithm to optimize the problem of excessive night vision noise(Little black dot on the screen), 940nm IR LED creates an ideal sleeping environment without disturbing your baby, Up to five meters night vision distance.
Other Features Summarized:
- 5-inch display
- 720P camera
- Pan 350 degrees / tilt 110 degrees/ 2X zoom
- Has sound and temperature alert
- Two-way talk
- Night vision
- VOX mode
- 3,000 mAh battery capacity which is decent though not close to Vava Baby Monitors’ large-capacity battery of 4,500 mAh which lasts for up to 24 hours.
- Has great picture quality
- Has clear audio even with low volume
- It does not have static
- It comes with a mounting kit
- It has a long lasting battery
- It is hack proof
- It does not use a smartphone app
Samxic Add-on Camera
If you would love more cameras to keep an eye on your other toddlers or just to check different rooms, the Samxic dedicated parent unit pairs with up to four cameras. One camera is going for about $70.
Samxic Add-on Camera for XQ-8 Video Baby Monitor
- 720P Len, HD images.
- With remote control to pan the camera 355° and tilt 110°.
- Monitoring temperature of the baby room with the built-in temperature sensor.
- Sound Monitoring.
- Built in 6 soothing lullabies.
Samxic Baby Monitor manual
You will receive a copy of the manual along with the monitor and stand, but just in case you don’t receive it or you want to check how it works before making your decision, you can check out a copy of the Samxic baby monitor manual here.411641999-User-manual-Samxic-Monitor
Samxic Baby Monitor customer service
If you have any queries regarding your Samxic monitor, you can reach their customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or try contacting them using their website here.
About Samxic Company and Website
Samxic is an international brand founded in 2018 and is based in Denver, USA. Their professional goal is to develop high-quality products for babies and parents. So far, they have made products such as video baby monitors, white noise machines, and sleep soother. Here is a link to Samxic’s Website.
Samxic 3000Ah battery lasts 8 hours when receiving video, audio, and alerts, and 24 hours on standby mode (audio only).
Unfortunately, the company has not put much information out there, so the best advice would be to contact their customer service from the address we have shared above. But in general, you should start by making sure the camera is well connected to the electrical unit. And, your parent receiver is well charged.
Make sure you are within the manufacturer’s allowed range. If not, try moving close to the base.
You could also try switching off the receiver, removing the battery, and then putting it back and switching the device back on to see if it works.
Samxic baby monitor night vision not working
If your night vision is not working, make sure the camera is powered correctly. You can also check these 5 suggested solutions to fix night vision issues.
Samxic Baby Monitor does not have a replacement monitor like these other monitors with a replacement screen.
Samxic is a non-wifi baby monitor and does not smartphone app as it does not rely on Wi-Fi for transmission. It uses FHSS transmission. You can check these baby monitors that use the app.
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at MotherhoodHQ (formerly 10BabyGear). I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.