Looking for a good wearable smart breathing baby monitor similar to Owlet? Check out the Sense-U Baby Baby Monitor. This great device not only lets you listen in on your little one but also shows you what they’re up to in real-time. It is in our list of best breathing baby monitors of 2022
Whether you’re out at the store or just taking a quick break, the Sense-U Baby Baby Monitor gives you the peace of mind you need to relax and focus on other things. In this post, I review the features, pros, and cons of this breathing baby monitor
Sense-U Breathing Baby Breathing Monitor Review
The Sense-U baby monitor is a smart, wearable breathing and sleeping tracker for your baby. It uses advanced technology to track your baby’s breathing patterns, skin temperature, sleeping position and alerts you when something happens to your baby from anywhere.
The Sense-U app allows you to check in on the status of all family members from one place.
You can use the Sense-U monitor as a traditional video and audio monitor with two-way communication or use it as an activity tracker for your baby. As an activity tracker, it monitors skin temperature and breathing. If a problem is detected, you will receive a notification on your phone. The monitor detects whether the baby is in the optimal position for breathing and it monitors to make sure they do not roll onto their stomach when sleeping.
You can download the Sense-U app from Google Play or Apple Store. Once you have downloaded the app, connect your monitor to wifi.
The Sense-U Monitoring System runs on batteries and has a low battery indicator that will let you know when it is time for new ones. The monitor unit lasts up to 30 days hours on standby mode or 7 days with all features turned on.
Sense-U offers a one-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
- IMPORTANT: * Please update your Sense-U Baby app, the Baby Device's Firmware, the Base Station's Firmware to the latest versions, for the best connection performance. Any questions. Contact us.
- KNOW YOUR BABY IS OKAY FROM ANYWHERE: The Sense-U Baby Monitor 2 tracks your baby's breathing, skin temperature, sleeping position and alerts you when something happens to your baby, from anywhere. KNOW YOUR BABY'S BREATHING IS OKAY: Sense-U Baby Monitor tracks your baby's breathing and notifies you with audible alarm for weak breathing from your smartphone directly.
- DANGEROUS SLEEP POSITION ALERT: For your baby's safety, always place your baby on their back to sleep and not on their stomach. The Sense-U Baby Monitor 2 notifies you when your baby rolls over to sleep on stomach.
- PROTECT YOUR BABY FROM OVERHEATING & GETTING COLD: It is important to make sure that your baby is at a normal body temperature – not too hot or too cold. The Sense-U Baby 2 notifies you when your baby's skin temperature levels go outside of the normal temperature zone.
- FSA/HSA ELIGIBLE & COMPATIBILITY & OUR PROMISE: The Sense-U Baby Monitor is FSA/HSA eligible now! Love it or return within 30 days for a full refund, 1-year warranty, making it a great gift for baby registries and showers or as a gift to new parents. * 2.4GHz WiFi network is required. Hotspot WiFi and 5G WiFi networks are not supported.
Pros and cons
Sense-U Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio with Breathing, Movement, Skin Temperature Sensor Review
The Sense-U Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio with Smart Sensors is a high-tech video baby monitor that uses advanced sensors to track your baby’s breathing, movement, and skin temperature. The night vision mode allows you to see your baby clearly in the dark, and the motion detection feature ensures that you’re always alerted when your baby moves.
You can also talk to your baby directly through the monitor, and its wifi connection allows you to keep an eye on your baby from anywhere with an internet connection. The free smartphone app makes it easy to keep an eye on your child even when you’re not home, and the unique sleep mode ensures that you don’t miss a moment of your baby’s sleep.
- KNOW YOUR BABY'S VITALS WHILE STREAMING HD VIDEO ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: The Sense-U Video+Movement Baby Monitor 3 allows you to know your baby's breathing, feeling temperature, and sleep position while streaming HD video, anytime, anywhere. It provides you peace of mind and better sleep.
- SEE, HEAR AND TALK TO YOUR BABY FROM ANYWHERE: The Sense-U Video camera features 1080p HD video, night vision, two-way talk, background audio and secure WiFi which allow you to see, hear and talk to your baby securely from your smartphone, anytime, anywhere. It also notifies you when motions or sounds are detected.
- TRACK YOUR BABY'S VITALS FROM ANYWHERE: The Sense-U Baby Breathing Monitor 3 tracks your baby's breathing, feeling temperature, and sleep position and alerts you when something happens to your baby, from anywhere.
- LIGHTS AND SOUNDS ALERTS & TWINS SUPPORTED NOW: When something happens to your baby, the Sense-U Base Station will instantly notify you with lights and sounds, and you will get audible notifications on your smartphone too. Meanwhile, twins and multiples are supported now!
- 30-NIGHT RISK FREE & COMPATIBILITY: Love it or return within 30 days for a full refund, making it a great gift for baby registries and showers or as a gift to new parents. The Sense-U Baby Monitor needs to work with the free Sense-U Baby app on Apple iOS and Android devices supporting BT4.0 and up. * 2.4GHz WiFi network is required. Hotspot WiFi and 5G WiFi networks are not supported.
The Sense-U Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio is designed for both iOS and Android devices. The monitor comes complete with all the necessary power cords and cables to allow you to set it up immediately out of the box.
After using this monitor for several months I can honestly say that I’m impressed with its features and quality. The quality of the camera is great, and the fact that you can use it at night without disturbing your child is an added bonus. It’s certainly not perfect, but it does its job well and I’d recommend it if you need a video monitor for your baby.
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at Motherhood HQ (formerly 10BabyGear). I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at email@example.com.