In this post, I review VTech VM350 and VTech VM350-2 with details of their features, specs, pros, and cons. I have also shared details on VTech VM350 extra camera.
VTech VM 350 video baby monitor is a non-wifi baby monitor that comes with a package of one or two cameras and a white portable parent device with a black intuitive screen and easy-to-use push buttons. This VTech non-wifi baby monitor is a good choice for those who love a monitor with a large screen 5-inch screen. It is also a long transmitting monitor and reaches 1000ft on open ground, which means you can keep an eye on your baby from any room within your home and backyard too.
This monitor tracks temperature and displays on your portable device, enabling you to know when you need to adjust the thermostat or turn on the fan so your baby can be safe and comfortable.
The parent unit can play lullabies and soothing sounds via the camera to help lull your baby to sleep, while the two-way audio lets you listen to your baby’s coos or talk to them.
The other useful feature is the sound indicator with nine levels allowing you to know if your baby is crying, fussing, giggling, or cooing so you can respond accordingly.
You can also save battery on this monitor like when your baby is asleep because of the sound activation mode that keeps the screen turned off but becomes active in case of noise in your baby’s room.
The technology uses: Hack Proof FHSS
- Tabletop and Wall mountable
- Two-way talk back
- IR night vision
- Temperature sensors
- Lullabies and white noise
- Vox mode
- 9 sound levels indicator
|Dimension||6.47 x 3.11 x 4.95 inches|
|Power source||Rechargeable battery|
|Battery life||4 hours|
|Screen display size||5 inches|
|Sensor technology||Night vision, room temperature|
|Average rating on Amazon||4.3/5 by 881 customers|
|Rank||#20 in baby monitors|
- Straightforward to install
- Good picture quality day and night
- It has a great range and reliable no internet transmission
- Nine sound level indicator enable parents to differentiate the kind of noise so they can respond accordingly
- It has a very short battery life
VTech VM350 Extra Camera
VTech does not produce VTech VM350 extra cameras. If you want a 2-camera baby monitor of this model, you can opt for the VTech VM350-2.
Apart from purchasing the option with two cameras, the Vtech VM350 is non-expandable, so you cannot pair it with more cameras.
You can check the manual for both VTech VM350 and VTech VM350-2 here.vtech-vm350-manual
VTech VM350-2 5" Video Baby Monitor with 5" Screen, Long Range, Invision Infrared Night Vision, 2 Cameras, Multiple Viewing Options, Two Way Talk, Auto On Screen
$89.99 in stock
- 5" High-resolution Display with 2 Cameras - Clearly see your baby's every little move while doing dishes or from your bed. The high resolution LCD screen shows images in full color by day, and greyscale infrared images at night, bright and clear without glare. And if you needs to see close up - the camera zooms 2x. Wtih 2 cameras, you can choose how you want to keep an eye on your family - single view, split-screen viewing or patrol mode.
- Best-in-class Battery Life and Range - With up to 12 hours of video streaming, up to 21 hours of audio-only monitoring, on a single charge, this system lets you monitor your baby throughout the night easily. The system's dependable long operation range up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard.
- Privacy Guaranteed. No Wi-Fi or App Pairing - Trusted by US families for more than 3 decades, each VTech monitor is transmitted via secured internal 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology, so you can rest assured that you're the only one who can hear and see your baby.
- Soothing Lullabies and 2-Way Talk - Gently lull your baby to sleep with 5 calming melodies and 4 sets of ambient sound, including white noise and a trickling stream. Besides, this system supports 2-way talk back, lets your baby to hear the sound of your voice no matter where you are.
- Auto-on Screen and Sound Indications ** Understand that your rest is as important as your baby's, the monitor's screen can be turn off and the sound be muted to let you the slience needed and to save power. Be rest assured that while it is off, it is still monitoring the baby in the background. When it picks up any sound over your VOX settings, the screen will automatically turn back on. The 9-level sound indicator on the parent unit can let you visually alerted when baby is crying.
Check out other VTech 2-camera baby monitors here.
I am Ashley Davis, a mom of three kids and the editor here at MotherhoodHQ (formerly 10BabyGear). I have been a parent since 2011 and have been doing full-time consulting as a baby sleep expert since 2019. When I am not researching or testing the next baby gear hitting the market, you’ll find me teaching my toddlers a trick or two – especially over the last few months with the lockdown. I hope you’ll find my guides and reviews helpful as you make your next purchase decision. If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.